10 - 𝙻𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝙶𝚘𝚓𝚘

┌─────────❍─────────┐

"If it's brown, lay down. If it's black, fight back. If it's white...?"

└─────────❍─────────┘

"There you are. Why would you run off like that?!" When we finally crossed ways, Geto's usual composure was nowhere to be seen and he looked so close to scolding me. He let out a harsh sigh, trying to catch his breath. "Everyone was so worried. Miura senpai almost flipped thinking you were under some kind of brainwashing technique."

Okay, he's definitely scolding me now.

"I'm sorry..." I replied, still in a daze. The sharp pain that scratched my throat as I spoke caused me to grimace, but I decided it's wisest not to tell Geto about it. He'd definitely chew me out now. "I saw a lost kid, but his sister already found him and took him home."

"Luckily, that suspicious cursed energy disappeared already." Geto scratched his nape. "Let's go back, Yume-san's worried about you."

I turned to him, starting to smile slyly. "How about you, Geto-san?"

"What about me?"

"You're not worried about me? Just Yume?," I sighed, pretending to feel dispirited. I turned away from him and walked back to the horror house's direction. Geto's rushed footsteps followed me until he caught up to my pace.

"That looks real, but I'm not gonna fall for that, (F/n)-san."

"What? I'm offended." I raised a brow at him then exclaimed dramatically, "how dare you take my feelings so lightly, oh good Sir!"

"But you're fooling me as well, Mademoiselle," he rode along with my antics, placing a hand on his chest. The added heavy layer of Japanese accent made the exaggeration even funnier, causing me to swing a playful kick on his leg which he dodged with ease while laughing continuously. "Cringey!"

The two of us erupted into a chase, my discomfort all forgotten. Geto ran and hid behind a stack of boxes while we went in circles, trying to outrun each other. Suddenly, I tripped over a protruding metal beam out of excitement, making some horror house paraphernalia clink noisily as they fell on the ground.

Geto and I slapped our hands over our mouths in synchrony, passing the blame to each other with darted looks in our eyes.

"Oi! You were running!" I crossed my arms over my chest defensively.

Geto faked an offended look. "Because you're chasing me! What am I supposed to do? Lie down, play dead? Are you a brown bear?"

Ah! That poem!