/!\ notes

hiiii!!

this is a story i'm writing in my free time (while waiting for this man to make an appearance once again) just for fun, but i wanted to publish it, again just for fun. i have a few things to say before we can start, so here we are (bear with me just for this first chapter, getting into the real story i'll use proper capital letters and all that boring stuff i swear).

first of all, i wanted to give some head canons of this story, so if you don't like something like this you can save yourself some time, and so that if you do like this sort of things, you have some basic knowledge of this story. so, this is a story based on the world i live in, meaning my country, my typical day, and my university, and the time set is the current. especially my country, this is something important since some things may vary from country to country. when we will have something i recognize as peculiar or that may not be clear for someone outside this country, i'll leave an author note.

{author notes will be displayed like this}

if there's not an a/n because i didn't realize it was something "strange" let's say, feel free to leave a comment of course, or if you prefer, you can search on internet: i'll tell you my country is italy, so italy will be the set of this story.

getting into more story-related things: (there might be spoilers for the game, especially inazuma's story quests!!)

YOU:

in this au you're a 19 y/o girl, at the first year of university. you live outside the city of your uni, but not so far, with both your parents, no siblings. you have a healthy relationship with them, and your family doesn't really have any problems, the last one probably being money. your family is not exactly loaded, but you can afford almost everything you want, even if you were raised with a certain conscience about money so you're careful and don't spend them all into whatever. You are kind of shy at first, but you open up quite easily, and enjoy your time with friends. It's not like you hate yourself, that's too much, but definitely you don't like a lot of things about you, and you don't get how you have friends, what you have to offer to others and why someone would like you, even just as a friend. Your life has nothing special: you don't go out the evening and you don't have lot of free time, you always say "all my life is just study". kinda sad, but don't worry, someone is here to change it😏 you're kind of shy, but you can change your personality drastically based on the music you're listening to. this makes you like dancing a lot, couse it means you can be for a bit someone you're not. and you're actually a good dancer. i made y/n question her sexuality, so sometimes her friends might say something about it, but it's really something superficial so you can ignore this and imagine you as straight

HU TAO, FISHL AND JEAN:

they are your best friends from high school, you used to do everything together and your bond is very deep. again, no one has problems, they're just like in the game (i play with them a lot so they should be pretty much the same, i just made fishl more comprehensible), i don't want anyone to get hurt🥺

SCARAMOUCHE:

he is totally your type, even if you refuse to even admit you have a type. you're really curious about him, and you will chase his friendship since you don't really care about relationships. he should be pretty much on character too, based on eng dub especially, but you know he's not playable, so we don't have much information. he will be a big brother, even if just for a year, his little sister being makoto (i didn't know how to name raiden's second puppet, so i made ei name her after ei's sister), and their mother being of course ei. father unknown, he left his family while ei was pregnant for the second time, even tho he didn't even know about it, but the kids don't miss him since they never got to know him, and ei just sees him as the dickhead he is. ei is the owner of a big company, so a powerful woman. her and her family are really rich, waaaaay more than you and yours. scara is not particularly attached to any member his family, nobody in his family is attached to nobody. but they don't hate each other, they just live together basically.

there will be lot of other characters of course, but nobody needs a background story (or whatever this thing is) here, everything you need to know will be in the story.

the narration will be in 3rd person, and the narrator will be omniscient, meaning the narrator will know everything that's happening in that moment, that happened in the past, and that will happen to every character. even tho the story will focus for the most on y/n, the narrator will talk about feelings and thoughts of other characters for example, something the y/n in the story doesn't know.

i like to describe things a lot, and i admit i often write too much, getting lost into words, so i don't think this story is gonna be short, and one chapter could be the description of half a day or a couple of hours. i don't want to rush things and i really like giving the reader all the information they need to recreate in their mind a scene as similar as possible to the one i have in my mind. so yeah, if you don't like long ass descriptions, this ain't your place i'm sorry😔 have a nice one and i hope you find something to your liking💜

the third thing i need to say is that, as i already hinted while talking about my country and as a lot of you must have noticed by now, english is not my first language. i actually think a lot in english, so it's not that difficult for me to write something in english, if we don't look at the grammar. but that might be a problem when other people read what i write. sooooo, if you see an error, please notify me and i'll fix it. i believe everything will be comprehensible, but i do tend to don't consider grammar and just go with my gut feelings. so feel absolutely free to tell me "hey you wrote this, but you should actually use the past in this sentence" for example, i would really appreciate it.

last but not least: almost every character i'll use is actually not mine, they are from the Genshin Impact videogame, so they belong to Hoyoverse (or Mihoyo, or whatever name that company will have in the future). the characters could be ooc (out of character), especially considering i don't play with everyone, i don't even own lot of the 5 stars that will appear here. take into account also that i play only in english, and that every voice actor gives a slightly different personality to the character, so they might differ from the ones you know.

oh wait one more little thing: i have no creativity when it comes to titles, so chapters won't have one, they will just be "chapter " and the number. the first two chapters will be 0.1 and 0.2, but that doesn't mean they're an introduction, the story starts at chapter 0.1. it's just that in those first two chapters there won't be much scara x y/n content, so i felt like naming them chapter 0. sort of like the answer at the question "dad how did you met mum?". yeah, something like that. that's just to say, don't skip them even if they're named like that.

i just hope i didn't forget anything i wanted to say, and as always i'm writing too much this is getting too long, so yeah byeee enjoy!!

UPDATE SCHEDULE: every saturday morning italy time (UTC +1)