xxviii. final fight

★ ★ ★

CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT:

FINAL FIGHT

            James had so much anger built up in him for Peter Pettigrew that his first response when he saw the man was to hit him straight into the nose as hard as he could.

Neither of the two men he entered the room with made any attempt to stop him and he knew Remus would understand how he was feeling.

Peter appeared different, almost unrecognisable adult. If you had shown someone a photo of Peter as a seventeen-year-old compared to him now, you'd probably think he was a different person. Of course, everyone changed as they aged but he looked different on a whole new level. He had whisky faded blonde (practically a very light brown) hair that stuck up from his head and pulled his forehead back, unlike the full set of blonde hair he had in his youthful days. He was covered head to toe. James had been the opposite (much like Harry), he had a problem with stopping of growing hair on his head. Even at thirty-eight years old, James still had some similarities of his youthfulness. The man in front of him was barely recognisable.

Well maybe it was because he was covered in blood because of the rate and speed of James' fist intervening with his face.

"James." He heard Remus say so many times that his name sounded like a faded word. "James, you're going to kill him."

"I think that's the point, Remus." Damien's voice replied in a sarcastic tone.

"Well Damien, he shouldn't kill him because death would be too easy."

All James Potter felt in this moment was red. All he saw was red. He was furious. He had waited for this moment since he woke up. This man was the reason behind his son being an orphan. But the problem was that he didn't want to stop. He had no intention of stopping or maybe he did for one reason, that reason was to know why he did what he did. What had James done that had been so bad for him to turn that side? Why did Peter do what he did to them? He hated him, them, his family, so much that he was prepared to let an innocent women die. James didn't care about Peter's reasons for wanting him dead but what had Lily Evans ever done to him? Lily was a pure hearted woman, she never judged, she never insulted unless she needed to, she was brave and lovable, and she was sacrificed herself for Harry.

Damien and Remus' bickering caused James to break out of his momentarily impulsive actions, although it might have been impulsive, it was well needed.

"Will you two stop arguing?!" James roared causing the room to become quiet. He withdrew himself from the man, his fists covered in blood. James wasn't even sure if they were arguing exactly, but the two of them spoke so loudly it was annoying.