xxiv. confrontation

★ ★ ★

★ ★ ★

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR:

CONFRONTATION

★ ★ ★

Aurora had been sound asleep for a full five days after triggering her third power at the Hospital.

         These five days had not gone lightly. The minute the black-haired witch fell into her coma like state, a series of unnatural events started to occur around the world. The weather turned sour, and it rained nonstop ever since. The rain splashed down against the streets and houses of Merlen like it would never stop. In other parts of the world, thunder and lightning had occurred, and a series of whirlpools had opened up in the seas. Tsunami had even occurred. Countries that had not rained in weeks, started lashing out from nowhere. The muggle news reports were blaming climate issues but sooner or later they would know that was not the case.

              On the sixth day, early in the morning, just gone past three, Harry walked through the hallways of the castle of Merlen.

            Once again, he could not sleep and found himself lying awake and watching the view of the ocean out on his balcony. He thought the city was beautiful, it was the type of place one could grow old in and never regret not travelling. He was thankful he was no longer sharing a room with his father and had his own room now. The only bad thing was the fact the room was located at the very end of the first floor, far away from the sleeping girl, who was on his mind.

             He rose from his bed and eventually found himself standing outside the medics where Aurora slept.

                   He opened the door and walked in. The only light was from the several candles lit around the room and the soft morning sun that was beginning to shine through the windows. Aurora was in the bed, eyes closed and still appearing like she was dying. That was the thing that worried Harry the most: despite the fact she somehow "triggered" her final power, she looked ill as she slept. Her face was pale, lips chapped, eyes sunken in, and her body appeared stiff. The only sign to show that she was breathing and alive was the fact, every few hours she was getting a high fever or the opposite, she was shivering.

              The chair beside her was occupied by a sleeping Magnolia, like it had been since the minute Aurora was lay to rest. The seat beside her, which was usually occupied by Sirius, was empty. Harry walked over and the second he got close to Aurora; Magnolia's eyes burst open.

                      "It's just me," Harry raised his hands and she sunk back into the chair. He took a moment to look at the dark circles underneath her eyes. "You looked wrecked. You should really sleep in your own room, even for one night. I'll watch over her—"