The Request

The Request

Lord Richard William Carey, Duke of Bedford Territory receives the formal request from his second cousin, Lord Andrew Charles Howard out at Bedford Castle.

Lord Richard William Carey receives Lord Andrew Charles Howard and he bows to his cousin as he is Duke of Bedford Territory and the second highest peerage on Star Base 12 and Lord Richard William looks up and asks " What can I do for Lord Andrew Charles?"

"I have to come ask you to ask Karissa if she would receive me." Lord Andrew Charles asks his second cousin.

"I will be glad to submit your request, but I won't ask or make her receive you. The decision is up to her to see you or not." Lord Richard William states.

"Listen here Lord Andrew Charles. I saw Karissa with our second cousin, Lord David William Beck yesterday. He was giving her a ride back from Star-Fleet Academy." Lord Richard William tells him.

"What David Beck is a petty aristocrat with no title or land and that dreary old Elmhurst Estate?" Lord Andrew Charles states.

"Lord Andrew Charles Howard. You may not like it but the fact remains he is still the great-grandson of Lord Charles Andrew Howard Senior if his mother had been a boy rather than a girl he would have the right to inherit the title of Duke of Norfolk." Lord Richard William states.

"Lord David's grandfather is Lord Edwin William Howard and his mother is Lady Eliza Katherine Howard and she was the first granddaughter of Lord Charles Andrew Howard Senior as your own sisters were born after her." Lord Richard William explains.

"Lord Edwin is my father's youngest brother as Lord Richard Edward Howard Senior was his second brother and Lord Richard Edward Howard II has a better claim after any of my father's sons." Lord Andrew Charles tells him.

Lord Richard William looks up and says " Correct me, Lord Andrew Charles, but neither of your brothers have any children yet?"

I was just one year old when your brother married Lady Victoria Stanhope and I was 7 years old when Lord Patrick William Howard II married Lady Paulina Stafford." Lord Richard William states.

"You are not married just like me, but I have better aspects of marrying before you do as I am a Duke of Bedford Territory." Lord Richard William explains.

"You are the third son of Lord Charles Andrew Howard JR and I am the eldest son of Lord Robert Frederick Carey and he was the eldest son of Lord George Carey and he was the eldest son of Lady Sophia Charlotte Howard." Lord Richard William tells him.

"My father was the first grandson of Lord Frederick William Howard SR through his daughter, Lady Sophia Charlotte Howard." Lord Richard William Carey explains.

"Grant it my grandfather is through the matrilineal line of Lord Frederick William Howard as is Lord David William Beck, but we have the advantage." Lord Richard William states.

"I understand that Lady Penelope Devereux great-great-great-grandfather Lord Walter Devereux was Earl of Essex Territory and if I am correct that Lord David William Beck is entitled to the Earldom of Essex Territory." Lord Richard William states.

Lord Walter Devereux a son, Lord John Devereux and he had three children, Lord Walter, Lord Stephen, and Lord John and they all married and I believe Lord Stephen became Earl of Essex Territory and he had three children, Lady Ann Devereux, Lady Joan Devereux, and his heir, Lord John Devereux it was Lord John Devereux who had Lady Penelope Devereux nee Rich who married Lord Edwin William Howard but I think my grandfather told me that Lord John had another daughter, Lady Frances Devereux and she married her third cousin, Lord John Carey and they had a son, Lord Robert Devereux." Lord Richard William states.

"I will carry your request out to Mademoiselle Karissa but it is her decision to receive you or not." Lord Richard William tells him.

Lord Richard William looks at his second cousin, Lord Andrew Charles and asks. "Is there anything more I can do for you, Lord Andrew Charles?"

"No Lord Richard William." Lord Andrew Charles and he bows and he exits the drawing room.

Lord Andrew Charles Howard now realizes that he has rivals for Karissa's affection and they are two of his second cousins, Lord Richard William Carey and Lord David William Beck as well as Lt. Kevin Thomas Riley.