• Chapter Thirteen - Vice Admiral Holdo

General Organa is going to make it. She's unconscious, but we were able to get her oxygen levels back up to normal. Now, she is comatose, and I have no idea when she's going to wake up. But she's alive and will be okay. That's the only good news that I have.

The majority of the Resistance, which wasn't that many of us, were gathered together in the new Command Deck. It wasn't as big as the original one, but it will have to make do. I gave Commander Larma D'Acy a brief description of General Organa's condition before walking over to sit next to Poe, who was sitting with the few remaining pilots. The Resistance quieted down as Commander D'Acy walked to the middle of the room.

"I have just received an update from Doctor Naberrie on General Organa's condition. She is unconscious, but recovering. I'm afraid that's the only good news I have. Admiral Ackbar, all of our leadership... they're gone. Leia was the sole survivor on the bridge."

Everyone in the Resistance, including Poe and myself, dropped our heads sadly. We have lost so many people today, and it's going to keep getting worse and worse.

"If she were here, she would say 'save your sorrow for after the fight.' To that end, the chain of command is clear as to who should take her place," Commander D'Acy continue.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Poe slowly start to sit up. A nervous feeling began to form
in my stomach as I looked over at Poe. Before he could notice, I turned away and looked back at Commander D'Acy.

"Vice Admiral Holdo of the cruiser Ninka."

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Poe falter slightly in disappointment. However, I couldn't help, but let out a small sigh of relief. Poe was my best friend, and I believed in him. But he wasn't ready to lead the entire Resistance, especially with the choices he's been making lately.

Vice Admiral Holdo slowly stepped forward to take Commander D'Acy's place up front. She sent her a small smile before beginning, "Thank you, Commander. Four hundred of us on three ships. We're the very last of the Resistance, but we're not alone. In every corner of the Galaxy, the downtrodden and oppressed know our symbol, and they put their hope in it. We are the spark that will light the fire that will restore the Republic. That spark, this Resistance must survive. That is our mission. Now, to your stations. And may the force be with us."

With that being said, everyone dispersed. As I smiled lightly at Admiral Holdo's, Poe leaned over to me and asked, "That's Admiral Holdo?"

"Yes?" I asked him confused.

"Battle of Chyron Belt Admiral Holdo?" He asked me.

"Yes, Poe. I just said that," I replied while giving him a look.

He looked back over at Admiral Holdo, who was making her way over to the main console, and said more to himself, "Hm. Not what I expected."

That's when Poe stood up and began to walk over to her. My eyes widened as I shot up from my spot and quickly followed him. I began to say, "Poe, no-"

Poe reached Admiral Holdo before I could even finish my sentence. As I stayed a few steps back from them, I couldn't help, but look over at BB-8 nervously. He just shook his head, indicating that we were on the same page about this.

"Vice Admiral, Commander Dameron," Poe introduced as soon as he got to her, "With our current fuel consumption, there's a very limited amount of time that we can stay out of range of those Stardestroyers."

"Very kind of you to make me aware," Admiral Holdo responded, not taking her eyes off the console.

"And we need to shake 'em before we can find a new base so, what's our plan?" Poe asked her.