Chapter 5 - Losing Control

"I don't know why you're keeping us here." I say. "Now if you all excuse me, I'm going to go and gather my things together. Thank you for the dinner." I add, leaving the room and going upstairs quickly.

I want to know why Lewis didn't attend dinner tonight and of course, need to check up on Darcy.

I hear footsteps behind me so I speed up my pace and open the door quickly. Darcy is still fast asleep, laying in the same position as I left her.

"Lexie!" Calls Josh as he follows me inside the room.

I ignore him and start putting my clothes from earlier in my bag.

"You know why I want you here perfectly well! You're my mate! I need you here with me like you need me so don't pretend like that's not true!" He says, loudly, holding my shoulders so I face him.

He's so close to my face again I just want to kiss him. Why does he have this effect on me?! His presence makes my wolf crazy and I can't control thoughts which if I let him, he could easily read.

"I'm not good around you." I say, my heart breaking because deep down I know I need him and the truth kills me. I don't like having to be dependent on someone.

I hear Darcy toss and turn - and no wonder because of how loud we're being - so I look in that direction but Josh quickly moves his hands from my shoulders to my face so I keep eye contact.

I feel all giddy and tingly as I try hard to not concentrate on his lips. Damn it! The mate bond!

"Josh I-" Before I can look into his eyes again and finish my sentence I feel him quickly and roughly kiss me and that's it, that's all it takes for me to lose any control I had left over myself.

I give in and kiss him back but not as passionately as he does. My legs feel weak as he presses me agains the wardrobe door. I've never felt like this in my life, so helpless to my feelings.

Memories flow through my mind of the night at the club. He was doing the exact same thing, kissing me the same exact way. That one amazing night that I clearly remember till today.

The earliest age to find your mate is when you're over 17. I was one or two days from my 17th birthday then so I didn't know Josh was my mate but I guess we were already having some strong connections.

After that night was when everything changed for me... It was when my pack got attacked, parents got killed and I got pregnant with Darcy.

Darcy...

I widen my eyes at how stupid I'm being. Darcy is in the same room as us! All she has to do is wake up. I break the kiss quickly even though it feels like the hardest thing I've ever done in my entire existance.

I look over at Darcy quickly... She's sleeping. Then I look back into Josh's eyes. They're dark with desperation. I bet mine are like this too after the heated make out session.

What am I doing...

"Darcy is here... I can't..." I tell him.

He looks down at my lips again before looking in my eyes again. I'm still so close to him, no where to escape because of the damn wardrobe. It's too tempting otherwise...

We breathe heavily for a while before he finally speaks.

"Who is she?" He asks. He seems to be almost scared of the answer.

I should have known he would want to know. I mean, why wouldn't he? He find out I'm his mate, he's naturally overprotective over me and Alpha blood doesn't make it any better. But I can't tell him Darcy is his... I don't even know if we're going to stay here and I won't be able to take her dad away from her once the truth comes out. But I can't lie to him either.

"My daughter." I say.

*Josh's POV*

I ask the question I've been dying to know the answer to. Ever since Lexie came into my life for the second time, that little girl was with her all the time and everything proved she was her daughter but I had to know for sure...

If she really is her daughter, does that mean that Lexie was actually with somebody? Could it be possible she is with someone right now? Lewis... They seem so close it gets me angry and posessive.

She seems to be thinking for a while and in the mean time I can't help but notice her face features up close. Her hair seems to be naturally a dark blonde which I can tell by the 3cm roots from where she's dyed it a lighter shade. He eyelashes are black and long, covered in mascara. Her skin looks like it has some type of light foundation because you can still see her natural skin through it which seems clear and spot free. Her lips look full and soft which reminds me of the fact I was kissing her less than a minute ago.

Despite her pregnancy, she's still got a very small figure fitting a UK size 6-8. That's the size dress she's wearing today so that's how I know. Her skin feels cool to touch which just makes me want to give her the jumper I'm wearing. Her face is pale, so ghostly pale and flawless. Her eyes are a dark, deep blue that really matches the dark dress she's wearing.

I can't believe how perfect she is but maybe I'm just thinking this because of the mate bond. Either way, she's beautiful which gets me worried about other wolves trying to hit on her.

I've never been this possesive in my life... Even with-

"She's my daughter." Says Lexie.

No... That's the exact answer I feared. I look down at my shoes thinking about what I should think of it. That little girl makes my heart warm and I feel happy when I watch her with her mum.

But now that I know, everything has changed. Lexie has somebody else. I want to respect that but I don't think I can.

Unedited!
Ooo so things are getting complicated. Who knows what will happen after that first kiss? (Technically not the first)

"Even after..." Who? Big mystery haha.

I'm really getting into writing this so updates might be even faster. Please remember to vote and comment! Until next time!
-A