Chapter 135

A/n: I'm so sorry to everyone who thought this was actually an update lmfao I literally unpublished it so that I could change like one spelling mistake

Caroline stared at the man in shock as he quickly climbed out from the window and slid down towards the ground outside.

Initially, she had screamed when she saw him, but quickly fell into shock when she saw the bloody knife and her mangled child.

She felt like she had stopped breathing entirely, stopped thinking and feeling. All she could do was stare numbly at her child. The room felt cold-why was it so damn cold?

She didn't notice as Lucia called out, asking if she was okay. She didn't notice how the woman hobbled out of bed despite the pain, opening the curtain to peek over. She didn't hear Lucia's scream or notice as she pressed the call button for an emergency nurse.

One nurse came in, saw the whole thing and ran out to grab some more people to help.

It wasn't until a nurse grabbed her shoulder to try and get her out of her funk that she lost it. She was pulled from her numb state of mind as she fully soaked in the situation around her.

Suddenly she could hear everything, the nurses screaming, Lucia's baby crying, doctors yelling for help, that machine that was attached to her child making that godforsaken flatline noise.

Her face quickly contorted to one of anguish as it scrunched up in a way that looked almost painful to even do. She began to sob violently, fat tears slipping down her cheeks as she screamed in misery.

"No!" She screamed, fighting against the nurses who were trying to help her, "No-o-o-o! NO!" She screamed, covering her mouth with her hands to try and contain herself. Her eyes had quickly become bloodshot and red from trying to rub the tears away.

She screamed again as she took another look at her baby, but her voice broke and she let out a violent sob, putting her arm in front of her mouth and biting down so hard she drew blood.

The sight in front of her was just horrible to witness.

Bruises, almost not visible under the thick coating of blood. Blue, black, purple-a horrifying mess that went down from his neck and spread all the way to his chest. In the little baby crib he was in, the soft white bedding was soaked a dark shade of crimson from the blood that was gushing out of his sliced neck. The pool of blood that surrounded him in his bed had begun to stick to what little hair the baby had.

The nurses almost weren't able to stomach the whole thing as the mother continued to scream. Nothing like this had ever happened before.

They took the child away despite Caroline's loud and screaming protests. They eventually had to sedate her

"My baby, my baby my baby!" She thrashed in her bed, grabbed a nurse by the wrist and looked her in the eyes, "is he okay?! Will he be okay?! WILL ANYTHING BE OKAY?!"

While she was focused on one nurse, the other came up from behind and injected the sedative into her shoulder.

In this state, it was impossible for the nurse to answer the question. It would lead to much more of a freak out.

It wasn't long though before she fell unconscious, slipping into an uncomfortable sleep. Her face was extremely red, tear tracks that looked like they would never leave running down her cheeks.

The police stormed through the building, a team of news reporters having to be practically dragged away as the officers began to gather evidence.

Lucia just stood there in absolute shock.

————————————————————

"Mmm this shit slaps like domestic violence" Remus said, taking another bite of his sandwich.

Virgil gave him a dry look over the face-time camera. Before Remus realized what he had said, Janus knocked some sense into him by smacking him on the back of the head, "Remus shut up before I ram you into the ground."

Remus smirked, "In that case, i'll keep going~"

"Guysssssss" Virgil groaned, lowering his voice, "i'm in front of my mom's girlfriends parents right now shut up!"

"Okay okay!" Remus exclaimed, "sorry..."

"It's okay" Virgil sighed, "guys i'm so on edge right now, Alice's parents are watching the news right now hoping that nothing about Andrew comes on. Because tonight would be the one night that he and Raegan did something I swear. But everything seems good. I think i'm just being paranoid."

"Bro we're watching the news too, this is so nerve wracking!" Remus exclaimed, "right now they're talking about a little girl who got stuck in a oversized drain pipe."

BREAKING NEWS—

Virgil tensed up, watching the tv intently. Remus and Janus stopped talking too, hearing the same thing on their own tv.

"Earlier tonight, murderer and rapist Andrew Cloud, and his 'partner in crime' Raegan attacked a woman's baby in Lakeview Hospital."

"That's the one my mom's in" Virgil whispered.

"After hearing and seeing the footage from Alice Winters from the trunk of their car after the fact, and seeing pictures of the baby, this case is truly a heart wrenching one."

"Alice! Alice, what?!? She what?!" Janus exclaimed.

Virgil's eyes never left the screen. His breathing picked up as they showed the baby, who was basically on life support covered in blood and bruises, a long scar forming on his neck.

His eyes filled with tears, waiting for the news report to say something, anything.

Alice's parents held their breaths as well, worried for both their daughter and kind of sort of maybe grandson.

"Caroline Harper, the mother of the victim was the unfortunate Roommate of Lucia storm. Andrew was captured and confessed that he thought that Caroline was Lucia. He got the wrong baby."

Virgil couldn't even breathe out a sigh of relief. The photos were horrifying. He felt so horrible. He stared at the picture of the deceased baby and tears ran down his cheeks, "oh my god. That could have been my sibling" he whispered, "but right now....oh my god, that mother, I feel so bad.."

"Alice winters hid in the back of his car, and filmed their conversations and plans. Thanks to her, officers have successfully captured both Andrew and Raegan. We will update with further information when it comes to light. This is news reporter Jackie Crystal, signing off."

"What?!" Isabella cried.

"My daughter was in those psychos car?!" Jeffery shouted, "i'm going to be sick! I'm calling her right now!"

"I—" Virgil began, staring blankly at the tv in front of him, "i'll call you back."

"Virgil...are you okay?" Janus asked cautiously.

Virgil nodded, "yeah. Yeah, i'm fine. Just need a minute."

He hung up the phone and stayed silent as he tuned out the commotion going on around him.