chapter 38

no ones pov:

the downworlder coucil is meeting to discuss what should happen from now.

magnus sits at the table his phone in his hand a picture of gracie and alec he took last night asleep cuddiling in the bed.

alecs arm laying over her waist a purple pacifer in her mouth and her hair sprayed out on the pillow.

shes cuddled up to his side as close as possible.

"im glad she has you" a voice speaks looking over his shoulder making magnus hut off his phone and look beside him.

"although ive not seen her rectely i know she happy" luke speaks with a father like grin on his face.

magnus just smiles back and shoves his phone into his pocket.

the other member of the coucil being raphel who is sat on the otherside of the table with his arms crossed impacietly as they wait for the final member of the council to arrive.

"Meliorn. What happened to your face?"luke questions as meliorn walks into the room.

 in seelie armor, a large spear clutched in his hand. the side of his face is all scard and scratched up

"My punishment for helping Clary Fairchild and Gracelynn into one of the Queen's realms." he explains dully looking at luke.

"Well, it's good to see you."luke speaks sincerly.

"I'd say the same, but, sadly, I'm incapable of lying."meliorn mutters before sitting down."Shall we get this over with?"he huffs looking between everyone.

"Careful. Seelie armor."magnus whispers to luke leaning over to meliorn doesnt hear.

"Means war. I noticed. " luke whispers back to magnus."So I assume you all know why I called you here." luke speaks leaning foewards in his eat looking out at each memeber.

"I've heard rumors."raphel mutters.

" Well, unfortunately, the rumors are true. Valentine wants to use the Soul-Sword to decimate the entire Downworld, and he needs Clary and gracelynn to activate it."luke explains to them.

" And you have a plan?"raphel uestions looking at luke seriously.

"Well, we can't defeat Valentine on our own. But together... maybe we have a shot."luke tells them crossing his arms.

"Whatever it is, we can't have him get to gracie or clary."magnus speaks leaning back in his chair.

"I agree. But on behalf of the Seelie Queen, I'd like to propose an alternative."meliorn speaks making everyone turn and look at him.

"Execute one of the Fairchild twins on sight. valentine needs both to activate it."meliorn speaks making egveryone  turn and look at him with wide eyes."graceylnn is the least troublesome so i say we just get her out of the way" melorin speaks making magnus angrily look at him.

"Care to rethink that?"magnus questions annoyed that he would even consider hurting gracie.

"You'd be rotting in the City of Bones had clary not insisted we save your life."luke snaps at him angrily." and gracie well...she has no reason to die..." luke speaks his voice dropping thinking about how easy her life used to be.

"Then consider this my way of returning the favor. By killiing one of them, I'll be saving you from yourselves."meliorn replies back simply before looking around the coucil memebers and sighing." This council is biased. You've all allowed yourselves to become too involved with the Shadowhunters." he speaks looking at each member slowly."jocelyn Fairchild." meliron speaks looking at luke."Alec Lightwood and gracelynn fairchild" he speaks looking at magnus."And you" meliorn speaks before taking a snif in raphels direction."You've been seeing Isabelle, haven't you?" he speaks a serious look on his face.