Chapter 14: A Rude Awakening

Blyke dropped the man to the ground and took out his phone while Remi dragged John to the nearest wall and got him to sit up straight, making sure that he was still breathing.

He shakily scrolled through his contacts hastily to the S and found the only saved contact that had started with that letter. The red-head called Seraphina and let it ring.

*BZZZ* *BZZZ* *BZZZ* *BZZZ* *BZZZ*

Seraphina's phone vibrated on the nightstand, but no one had answered the call. She was sound asleep, hugging a pillow.

"Remi! She's not answering!" This was the worst situation they could possibly be in at the moment.

Seraphina didn't answer, John is currently unconscious and they're carrying around a mysterious man.

The pinkettes gears in her head were turning as she was trying to think of something else. "Call Rei! Hurry!"

There was just one issue with that, not only did Blyke not have his number, Remi's phone had died, meaning there was no way to contact him. "You know his number by memory, right!?"

If she was being honest, she didn't fully memorize it, but had a vague idea of what it was. Not like she had the choice to not try as her friend was unconscious, leaning against a wall.

She nodded and Blyke threw the phone to her, staying next to the now kidnapped man. She found the keypad to dial and put in Rei's number, hoping her memory hadn't done her wrong.

*BZZZ* *BZZZ* *BZZZ*

"Hel-" Rei couldn't even get a word out as Remi interrupted him. She had no time to waste and needed to explain the situation before it went from bad to worse.

"Come to 36th street, right next to the amusement park! Hurry!" Rei knew the situation was dire, so he was going to ask questions later.

The mint-haired boy hung up, grabbed his keys and stormed outside his apartment, forgetting to lock his door.

Rei ran downstairs and unlocked his white tesla, model three to be exact. He had found it unironic that a electric based ability had a electric car, but he digressed.

He entered the car and put the address into the GPS, seeing it would only take 10 minutes to get there, eight if he was fast.

While Rei was hauling ass, Remi and Blyke were both worried about John. They knew how strong he was, but this situation was different from everything else.

Sure he had ended up beating these people, but here he was now, knocked out himself. What made it worse was that John was in a situation like this because they both weren't careful of their surroundings.

Remi was hoping John would be fine, but something hit her like a truck. Leith had mentioned to them that Spectre had somehow been able to make a drug that disables someone's ability.

Her heart sank as she put two and two together. The drug that John had got injected with was most likely the disabler.

How could she live with herself knowing that John had lost his ability, this amazing talent all because of her. John forever being a cripple again just because she celebrated too early.

Now, no one would be able to protect her brother when he would need it most. John going with Rei had made the situation a bit more relaxing to her.

John was the safety net and now that was gone. Rei could easily get killed anytime he goes out, even with his friend.

It didn't even end there. In fact, the part that she was dreading the most was telling Seraphina what happened. Seeing Seraphina's distraught face as she tells the magenta-haired girl that John became a cripple all because of her.