Chapter Eleven

They had been flying for a couple of hours in almost complete silence. Everyone was full of worry about Yelena and the threat they had just faced.

Shuri drove the jet for the majority of the journey; she was determined to get everyone back to Clint safely. She yawned, "hey, we will be landing in about an hour."

Kate looked down at Yelena with a small smile, "we'll be home soon, 'Lena."

"You'll get to see Fanny," Peter added, hopefully.

Yelena didn't say a word. She hadn't moved for the entirety of the journey. The assassin's eyes were half open and grief-ridden as she lay on her side; holding her legs to her chest.

Peter shook his head sadly and glanced over at Shang Chi, "your powers are awesome, man."

"Hah, thanks," he smiled modestly, "so are yours! Those webs are pretty cool!"

"Thank you! I made them myself," Peter beamed.

"You made that?" Katy exclaimed, impressed.

Peter chuckled softly and shrugged, "you did amazingly in the fight."

"Thank you! Wanda is extremely strong though," Shang Chi noted with raised eyebrows.

"I still can't believe she would-" Sam started with a disappointed frown.

"I can," Bucky interrupted, "she lost everything and no-one helped her."

Sam exhaled deeply, "I wish we could do something to help. Do you think it's too late?"

Bucky looked over at Yelena's state and grimaced, "...I dunno."

Silence greeted the jet again and it wasn't until it had landed outside of the Barton residence did someone speak again.

"Hey, 'Lena," Kate muttered softly, "we're home now. Can you sit up?"

Yelena didn't move.

Peter sighed in worry, "is it okay if I pick you up, Yelena?"

Kate smiled slightly as Yelena shook her head and sat up in her seat.

Her eyes were still dazed and empty as her expression was numb.

"Can I help?" Kate asked as she looked at the assassin.

Yelena nodded once and Kate lifted her arm around her shoulder; helping her to her feet.

Shuri opened the jet door and walked out first; yawning loudly. The team walked outside, towards the house.

It was nighttime and the sky was illuminated by thousands of stars. Kate looked up and tripped as Yelena stumbled over the step.

"Hey, you okay?" Shang Chi asked as he caught the archer.

"Yeah, yeah it's okay,"  Kate huffed as she made sure Yelena didn't fall.

Sam knocked on the door and it opened abruptly to a concerned Clint Barton.

"Why are you back so soon?" He questioned with a raised eyebrow, stepping to the side so the team could enter his house.

"Yelena?" Clint frowned deeply as he watched his protégé carry the assassin to the armchair in the living room.

She placed a blanket over the blonde and watched sadly as she curled up into a ball.

Shuri entered the room and collapsed onto the couch next to Yelena. As soon as her head hit the pillow she fell straight to sleep. Kate chuckled and placed another blanket over Shuri before walking into the kitchen.

"Oh my God, that's awful," Laura gasped softly as she spoke to Shang Chi and Peter, "poor Yelena."

"She hasn't spoken at all since it happened," Peter noted, "I'm really worried."

Shang Chi placed a hand on his shoulder in reassurance, "she's safe now."

"What happens if Wanda gets Yelena again? Or any one of us?" Katy asked as she dropped her bow beside the wall, "she is super powerful."

"We're not going to let that happen," Bucky insisted as he began to make cups of coffee for everyone.

"We need to figure something out," Peter sighed, "that Venom guy almost bit my head off about a hundred times."

"I agree, we need to train," Shang Chi leaned against the wall and crossed his arms, "I definately need to work on my fighting skills if we're going against them again."

"What are you talking about," Katy scoffed and rolled her eyes at her best friend, "you did amazing."

"There's always room for improvement," he smirked.

"Is Yelena going to be okay?" Kate mumbled, interrupting the conversation with her eyebrows drawn in concern.

"I've seen this before," Clint exhaled deeply as he took a sip of his coffee, "Wanda... she er...she's done it to Natasha before," he glanced at Yelena's unmoving form, "this is what she was like. Yelena needs to rest. She should be okay"

Kate nodded and walked towards the nearest cabinet. She opened it and took out the first aid kit before passing it to Peter, "you have a cut on your forehead."

"Oh thanks," he smiled awkwardly, "but it's okay. I heal faster because of my powers..."

"Right, yeah."

Sam sat down on a chair beside the dining table with a grunt. He scratched his neck and exhaled deeply before glancing at a piece of paper on the table. He reached for it and a smile grew on his face at the image. He was holding a drawing by Nate.

In the drawing, Sam was front and centre with his sheild and wings. Beside him was Bucky who was flexing his muscles (Sam chuckled at this). On the other side of Sam was Katy and Kate, who were back-to-back, pointing their bow and arrows. Shuri was next to Bucky: her gauntlets were shooting blue blasts of energy and next to her was Shang Chi, who was surrounded by his ten rings. Peter was in his Spider-man costume and Yelena was pointing a gun. Above Yelena's head, Nate had written 'Aunty Nat's sister' with a red heart beside it.

"You have a cute kid," Sam chuckled as he carefully placed the drawing back on the table.

"Yeah," Clint grinned proudly.

"He did that this morning," Laura stated as she sipped her coffee, "the kids have been dying to see you all again."

Sam smiled.

"It's getting late," Clint noted, "and you all look exhausted."

"There's clean pyjamas in the spare room," Laura continued, "please help yourself."

The team thanked them both before walking into the room and getting ready for bed.

Kate stretched her arms as she walked into the living room to check on Shuri and Yelena. She smiled at the sight before her. Fanny was curled up next to a, still awake, Yelena, while Lucky was lying next to Shuri with his head on her arm.

"Hey, 'Lena," Kate stifled a yawn, "I'm going to bed now. Please try and sleep."

The assassin didn't speak, but her eyes looked up at Kate.

The archer smiled, "Goodnight, Yelena."