Him and I

Cove's POV
It took a few minutes before the adrenaline to wear off. Once it did, I was met with an unbearable pain in my shoulder.

"Azzy my shoulder, it hurts so bad I can't," I managed to say through sharp breaths.

"We're only 6 minutes away, do you think you can hang on just a little bit longer for me?"

I nodded slowly and leaned my head against the seat. "It hurts so bad."

"I know, it's okay I promise."

"Can you please distract me?"

"Yes, I don't know how though."

"Just tell me something surprising."

"Okay um.." she thought for a moment before coming up with an answer. "Oh! I asked Gracie out."

"Really! What did she say?"

"Well.. technically she said yes." Azzy started to tap on the steering wheel nervously, making me wonder what happened.

"That's great, right?"

"It was. I was really happy, but then when I had to leave she started getting super upset."

"Why'd you have to leave?" I asked, not quite connecting the dots.

"It was when I found out about you. I needed to help you, and it was getting late anyways, so I told her I had to go. At first she was super understanding, but when she found out I was leaving to help a girl, no amount of talking could convince her that I wasn't going to cheat on her. Even though I told her that you're my cousin's girlfriend, she gave me an ultimatum. She said that if I walked out that door, I'd never hear from her again."

"What? Oh my gosh I'm so sorry Azzy."

"It's okay Cove, really. I left anyways because you and your safety is more important than a stupid relationship with a girl that undoubtedly will end up being really controlling and manipulative."

"Thank you, it means a lot to me that you came to help and saved me. Without you, I'd be on a plane right now with a stranger to who knows where."

"Of course Cove, I'll always help you."Azalea parked in front of a very sketchy house. She quickly got out of the car while I stayed in my seat, too scared to move and cause further harm to my shoulder.

"I'm going to get River, don't move okay? I think you've dislocated your shoulder." I simply nodded in response as Azzy walked away.

Closing my eyes, I forced myself to take deep breaths and slowly count to ten. Breathe in, 1, breathe out. Breathe in, 2, breathe out.

The suddenly door opened, putting an end to my counting. Familiar hands cupped my cheeks and a bunch of kisses were placed on my face. If I wasn't in so much pain, I would've giggled.

"Cove, you're okay. You're okay." River hugged me, being mindful to not touch my arm. I wanted to hug him back, but I couldn't move.

"River," I simply replied, hoping the tone in my voice would express everything I wanted to say.

I want to tell him that I love him, that my arm hurts, that I thought I lost him, that I wouldn't be able to live without him, but none of those words would come out.

"Baby, this is going to hurt a bit, okay?"

"What are you going to do?"

"I need to put your shoulder back into the socket. Let me help you stand up so we have more room."

He quickly lifted me out of the car by my waist and set me in between him and Azzy. Azzy gently put her hand on my back, either for comfort or to hold me still.