01 Eighteen

Saturn

I have the perfect life. At least, now I do. I live in a quiet cottage like house, with my Nonna and three cats. My pride and joys - Jiji, Luna, and Bat. They are all black cats and I can tell them apart because I am their mother and I have too. Freaking cuties.

It's my birthday month and It just so happens that my birthday is today! October 9th. Finally 18.

I have always loved fall. Perhaps even more than Christmas Season. I love Halloween, the crunchy leaves, the colours. Everything. I thrive most during Fall.

My Nonna and I moved into the cottage almost 5  years ago. Five months after my tragic accident which left me with crippling anxiety and panic attacks. As well as Dependent Personality Disorder. Nonna is my safety net. I love that women almost as much as I love my three little baby kitties. Don't tell Nonna I said that. She is always caring for me. She doesn't make fun or push my to talk about my feelings. She simply listens when I do and hugs me tight chanting i am okay over and over again. Weirdly, for me, it helps.

Nonna has an interest in herbs, tinctures, plants, crystals, old books and many other things I can't think of. My witchy Nonna. She has showed me natural ways to calm my anxiety and has taught me many things about natural substitutes. I am very interested to say the least. Nonna says I have a gift.

Last night, like every night I slept like the dead. Nonna makes me a special tea before bed and I also feel so well rested.

The beautiful sun was shining through my curtains as my eyes fluttered open and I wiped the sleep from my eyes. I noted my three little babies cuddled together next to me and my heart soured. What a great way to wake up on my birthday. I though to myself.

Freaking Cuties

Freaking Cuties.

I decided it was time to get up and with a yawn and a nice stretch I was up and looking out the window of my overly-cluttered bedroom. With an amazing view might I add.

Nonna and I worked so hard constructing my room

Nonna and I worked so hard constructing my room. Making it exactly how I wanted it to be. That meant plants everywhere. Books, books, and more book. Specifically romance. I'm a hopeless romantic if you couldn't tell. I also decided to add a desk right in front of my large windows, so I could paint, colour, and draw with a view. I love my room and Nonna said I deserved nothing less than.

I made my way down the stairs, not after grabbing my favourite bunny slippers of course. I entered the kitchen looking around for that crazy women. As I made my way to the living room I still couldn't find her. Hm Crazy Lady.

Until I heard a high pitch scream and jumped around only to be brought into the biggest hug of my life. There she is.

"Oh bella (pretty) Saturn! My big 18 year old! I cant believe my eyes! It's as if you've grown over night! You are a brand new woman!"

Crazy lady.

"Ciao Nonna! You are so crazy sometimes. What can I say? You keep me young Nonna. You keep me young." I fake fanned myself and she lightly slapped my arm chuckling to herself.

I'm so funny.

"Buon Compleanno, my love" she kissed both my cheeks and ushered me into the kitchen. (happy birthday)

Nonna moved from Italy when my Nonno died. They were the perfect romance story and I would be lucky to find someone to love me as much as my Nonno loved my Nonna. Nonno died young but Nonna decided to never move on. She was and is absolutely gorgeous, long brown hair, bright green eyes, beautiful olive skin. She had many takers but she simply said, 'I had my happily ever after. I don't need two.'

"Sit down my love. Here look what I made for you." Nonna has the prettiest smile.

I looked down at my plate and my mouth watered. Along with the fresh raspberries from our garden, she made jam and toast. My favourite. It may not seem like much, but sushi and toast I could live off of for forever.

"Grazie Nonna!" (Thank you)

She sat down at the other side of the table and simply stared at me. I cocked my head to the side and made a funny face at her which she returned the gesture.

"What?" I asked.

"Do I need a reason to stare at my beautiful girl?" Aw.

"No Nonna. But you look like somethings on you're mind." I put down my toast so all my attention was on her.

She gave me a small smile, "I just am so proud of how far you have come Saturn. You deserve nothing less than as wonderful as you are. I know you will get that someday." A tear fell from her eye.

Then a tear fell from my eye. "I owe it all to you Nonna. I am so grateful for you're guidance and help. Especially after-" she cut me off.

"I know my love. I know." She got up and gave my a hug and a kiss on the cheek. "Ti voglio bene." (I love you.)

"Ti amo Nonna." She was my rock. I love her.

"Okay my dear. Enough with the tears it's time for us to celebrate as you would say, 'the best day ever.'" She look my empty plate and pulled me up by my hands.

She told me to get dressed in something pretty and off I went.