From The Pit

Logan turned around and found his gaze met with mismatched eyes and a cold glance

Logan turned around and found his gaze met with mismatched eyes and a cold glance. "William 'Cap' Hatfield I am guessing?" Logan spoke evenly. Cap's brows raised, "no, only my friends calls me Cap." Cap replied dryly. "Calvin McCoy says you made a promise not to turn in Johnsey if he told you what was going on. You mean that?" Cap asked.

Logan remained silent and turned his head to nod towards the cave in. "You tell me, could any decent man turn in people while trying to save their family from the jaws of that," Logan answered. 

A slight chill trickled down Cap's spine, he had zeroed in on Logan and hadn't bothered to look at his surroundings. Maybe he didn't want to, Logan's eyes could read people well and with a sigh, he gestured for Cap to turn around. "Just over there it's hard to miss. I just dropped Johnsey and China some water." Logan explained.

"Dropped them water? so it's not far?" Cap asked hopefully, his feet rushed towards the mouth of the cavern and as his question answered itself he struggled to keep himself from falling over into it.

"Whoa!" Logan gasped, reaching he took Cap by the arm and held him steady. "be careful the edge of the drop isn't stable everywhere." he said. Cap, however, was hardly listening as he looked down into the dark, "an' she's ok?" Cap asked quickly. Logan watched Cap carefully trying to stay composed as he turned to face him.

With steady words Logan sighed, "No probably not. But she's alive down there, Johnsey has said as much. That's more than good enough for now." he said.

"Was it just her?" Clint asked approaching. Logan shook his head, "I do not know. Johnsey only reported Chyna." Logan said. Clint's chest clenched, he wasn't sure if that was a good or bad sign for Iris. Did the fire claim her, was she here for the fall, or did she somehow escape? was she somewhere with the children?

"It's ok Cap, Chyna is used to not being ok. we can take care of her, I bet." Cotton reasoned too afraid to get any closer to the cavern himself. "Y-yeah thats the spirit Cotton Top" Calvin stammered. Cap short a glare in Calvin's direction, "You still here?" he asked.

"Well, I.....I can't just leave can I?" Calvin said, he held out his arms to the giant hole in the earth, "Look at this! I know I ain't been a good friend, but I'm still her friend." Calvin reasoned. Cap gave him a flat gaze and raised a brow "Friends don't do what you did all them years, what you let your brothers do. Friends don't help poison other friends. Calvin, you're a spineless  litt-"

"We ain't no time for this, Cap." Clint cut in. "If the boy wants to help let him, we need all we can get," he added.

Cap spat at the ground and turned his back to Calvin, peering into the dark once more. "jesus that's a ways...." Cap whispered. Cupping his hands around his mouth he drew in a deep breath "JOHNSEY! CHYNA!" he called as loud as he could. 

Johnsey stirred as he heard a voice echoing through the tunnel. "sh-it!" he slurred half-awake as he scrambled to get to his feet. "sounds like Cap." He thought, moving his coat over Chyna a little higher he made his way to the mouth of the cave in. "idiot McCoy actually came through." Johnsey muttered to himself.