Basketball | Chpt 32

Here we are again, Bakugo just messed with you in laser tag, but you can't really be mad. As for the song, I picked "Just the Two of Us" by Grover Washington Jr (slowed). I thought it was kind of ironic lol.

Also, if yall have seen Turning Red, I'm so impressed with 4 Town. Their music is an absolute bop.

Enjoy~

(y/n)'s POV

My feet took me along with the group out of the laser tag arena. I found myself alone with Kaminari, at a skee ball lane.

"Hah, 250 points," he said, nodding me towards the lane. "I'd like to see you top that."

"You only sank 1, hundred-pointer."

"Okay so maybe it wasn't the sexiest game of Skee Ball, but I need to see you prove your point," he said, shaking his head. I rolled quite a few 100s, ending up with a total of 530.

Kaminari stared at the lane, his lips pressed firmly together.

"I should've bet something," I said.

"I'll buy you a soda," he replied and I smiled, agreeing to the terms. "I'm actually really thirsty now anyways. I'll be back."

"Okay," I said, giving him a soft wave before glancing around all by myself. I had some time to calm down. Hanging out with Kaminari, as high energy as he was, was actually a great distraction and helped me calm down a great bit.

"Hey," Sero said, strolling up to stand beside me, hands in the pockets of his jeans. I nodded as a greeting to him, standing idly next to him. "You mind if I ask you something?"

"Uh...sure."

"You might not know, that's totally cool, but would you happen to be aware of how Kaminari feels towards me?" Sero asked, leaning up against the metal netting of the Skee Ball machine. I looked his way, chewing at the inside of my lip. "You don't have to tell me either, it's cool."

"Oh...well..."

"I just noticed you guys hanging out over here and figured you might know. I just...don't feel like making a fool of myself. Kaminari is notoriously bad at flirting, so I can't really tell if he's being serious or not. All the no homo jokes kind of get lost on me, you know? He's obviously not uncomfortable with like--you know. Eh, it's kind of weird of me to ask now that I think about it."

"No, that's really alright," I replied. "Uhm, well I don't think it's any of my business to say. I guess I could just tell you that Kaminari...may be bad at flirting for a reason."

"Huh?" Sero asked.

"Here you go madam," Kaminari said, handing me a cup with a straw in it. I didn't even know what kind of soda it was, I hadn't gotten the chance to tell Kaminari what I might want. The cup was already sweating when Kaminari handed it to me. "Ah Sero, if I had known you'd be here I would've gotten you one. We can share, if you don't mind--ahem--indirect kissing me."

I gave Sero a knowing glanced and he understood exactly what I meant.

"Thanks for the drink and letting me kick your butt, but I'm feeling a little tired. I'm going to sit out for a few minutes while you guys hang out," I said. Kaminari nodded and watched me walk past for a moment before turning to Sero. I smiled slightly. I was getting better at the whole wing-woman thing Kaminari was trying to instill in me.

I sat myself down at a food court table, using the tip of my finger to spin the straw around in the place it had punctured the lid. I took a sip, recognizing that it was some kind of lemon lime soda. It was a safe bet by Kaminari. There were whirls and dings of the different machines going off and I sat with my elbows on a table.