1

"Found?"

Belphegor repeated. You gestured to the grass beside you, signaling for him to sit down next to you. The dual-haired male reluctantly obliged.

You created distance between your hands. Belphegor was surprised by the way a lyre materialized from thin air.

You ran a finger through the intricate violet carvings as the demon couldn't keep his eyes from it. You then began strumming a comforting melody.

Belphegor's body slumped, relaxed. He didn't mind the way he began leaning on your form.

Considering the soothing melody and the tranquil surrounding, Belphegor found it to be quite strange how no trace of tiredness flooded into his form.

He adjusted his head as it slowly fell onto your shoulder. You didn't seem to care, as far as he could tell.

"...Who are you?"

"...I'm surprised you've got the mind to even ask."

"I don't know what that means."

"You don't need to know, Belphegor." You continued to gaze down the lyre idly.

"..."

Belphegor was lulled by the sound of your voice. He unconsciously nuzzled himself further into your side. You hummed, amused.

"Getting comfy, are we?"

"Mmm..."

He closed his eyes, yet he was fully conscious. For once in a while, Belphegor didn't feel like sleeping at all.

"...Hey, you."

"What?"

"...If you can't tell me who you are, at least tell me where you brought me."

"..." You blinked owlishly at his accusation and request, only to laugh loudly. Belphegor was confused by the reaction. He hummed, perplexed.

Your laughter slowly came to a slow halt, the smile remaining.

"Silly... Why would I take you anywhere?"

"...I'd appreciate it more if you'd stop being so cryptic."

You hummed, amused. The sound of the lyre continued to resonate through the field.

"You're dreaming, stupid."

You nonchalantly informed. Belphegor paused, taking a moment to process the information. He opened his mouth to speak, only for nothing to come out.

You hummed patiently, waiting.

He could only let out a meek, "Right."

"...Hmm?"

"I was..." He paused. "I'm in the attic. Lucifer locked me up. I remember."

"Lock you up in the attic? How cruel."

It was difficult to discern whether you were being genuinely curious, concerned, or just spoke for the sake of it.

"I really hate Lucifer." He sneered, mostly to himself. You tapped your fingers on your thigh idly.

"Really? Who is this Lucifer? Why would he lock you up?"

"...Aren't you being too nosy?" He huffed stubbornly. You chuckled.

"Well, I am quite curious about your predicament." You spoke.

"...I don't even know you one bit. What makes you think I'll randomly spill out my guts to you?"

"... That's right. You don't even know me." You averted your gaze with a smirk.

"Isn't it strange that someone who you don't know, nor have ever seen in real life has entered your dreams?"

"..."

"...~"

"Maybe you're just a figment of my imagination?"

"...Hm?"

"Maybe my brain thought I was too lonely up here so it created some sort of weirdo to accompany me in my dreams." Belphegor rolled his eyes.

"...A figment of your...imagination, huh?" You repeated in thought. Belphegor observed your expression.

This was pretty much the first time he'd seen you look serious, previous instances showing you always had at least a small smile.

Was it strange to say you were nothing but an image his mind made up?

"Well, who knows? I do, actually. But telling you won't be as fun, so keep guessing." You lost the tense look and went back to the usual carefree one.

"What does that mean?"

"...Belphegor." You stated his name seriously, dismissing the previous question.

"...?"

"...Do you ever wonder what happens to the people in your dreams when you wake up?"