60

The tent fell silent quickly after Potter left, giving Harry a few moments of peace before having to face the dragon. He could vaguely hear the shouts from outside. 

'Potter must be struggling so badly for Bagman to be screaming advice that loudly.' Harry thought to himself, a faint smile on his face. His eyes flickered to the small diary, which was lighting up over several intervals of time. 

The glowing of the book signals the arrival of a new message from Tom. Harry was tempted, oh so tempted, to open the diary and to read the message. But he didn't. 

He spent the rest few minutes flipping through the book of... ehem border illegal spells... memorizing each spell to heart. 

After some time, it was finally his turn. Instead of Bagman this time, it was Crouch this time. The ministry official looks as if he would rather be somewhere else rather than here, definitely exhausted. 

Crouch did not say anything, simply gesturing Harry to follow after him. 

There were a few things that Harry noticed. The first thing he noticed was the harsh sunlight was a huge contrast over the dim candle lights in the tent. The next thing that hit his mind was the loud screaming coming over from the arena. 

It seems like Potter has just finished with her task, as the applause begin to start hesitantly from the Gryffindor side. It seems even though Potter was part of the house, her performance must be extremely terrible for there to be little to none applause. 

Harry walked to the back of the arena, where the dragons are being kept. Crouch motioned for him to stay there as he headed to the judging table just a few feet away from them. The judges were just about to reveal Potter's score. .

If he squinted, he could see a silvery ribbon emerging from Madame Maximoff's wand. The ribbon twisted itself to form a number 3. What was once the noisy arena suddenly became much quieter than before, only soft murmurs. 

Karkaroff seemed to follow Maximoff's lead, and chose to give 2.

Crouch gave a 3. Ludo seemed to be hesitant in giving Potter a low score, and settled for a 5. 

Dumbledore completely ignored everyone's scores and thoughts, and instead gave a high 9, a score that caused everyone to gasp and gossip among themselves. How was it possible for Potter to get a 9? When she destroyed at least half of the dragon eggs and endangered the audience to be attacked by the brunt of the dragon's flame?

That was simply blatant favoritism. 

The audience seemed to caught onto it as well, as they openly stared at Potter, who was being ushered into the medical tent to treat her burn wounds. 

"Now, we have the final competitior, who will be going against the fearsome Hungarian Horntail. The Hungarian Horntail is considered to be one of the most dangerous dragon breeds, if not the most dangerous of them all. Will Harry Lupin-Black be able to defeat them?" Ludo's loud voice resounded around the arena. 

"Still as dramatic as ever." Crouch grumbled from beside Harry, scaring the teen as he was a hundred percent sure the other was not there a while ago. "Go on kid. It's your turn now." 

Harry steeled himself, gripping his wand tightly in his palm, and walking towards the arena, where a new dragon sits there proudly. 

It is time.

~

He completed the task easily, without any major problems to be faced. He simply placed the Hungarian Horntail under a sleeping spell so strong that it knocked the dragon out in less than a minute. 

Now, the Hungarian Horntail is indeed powerful, and simple spells such as 'stupefy' will have no effect on it. But, the spell Harry used was in fact not 'stupefy', or any other spells that could be found in the textbook. 

The spell used was a secret, the only one who knows it is himself, Tom, and the 4 founders along with Merlin. The only copy of the spell is in his own spellbook. It was a spell that held special memories of him and Rowena Ravenclaw in the Hogwarts library, laughing as they read through the many books. 

That spell caused chaos. The entire audience in the arena were shouting in disbelief as a white streak of light struck the dragon precisely between her eyes, and watched as the dragon laid on the floor, fast asleep.

Harry tuned out the noise as he walked cautiously towards the dragon. Although the spell was powerful, there was no certainty that it would work on the Hungarian Horntail. The golden egg gleamed brightly in the sunlight. Harry quickly took it, and walked back towards the judges table. 

Applause started from the Slytherin side, and also from the Ravenclaw. Soon the entire arena were clapping their hands, aside from a certain few Gryffindors. 

Dumbledore had a look on his face that Harry wished he had a camera so he could take a picture. The rest of the judges seemed proud and surprised at the power of the unknown spell. 

"Harry! Oi! Harry!" 

Harry turned around to find the person who screamed his name, and his eyes lit up as they landed on Sirius and Remus standing not too far away from him. Harry waved his free hand at his parental duo. 

"Now if everyone could quiet down, we would be showing Mr. Lupin-Black's score right now." Ludo said. As if a spell was placed, everyone indeed did quiet down, as everyone's focus was drawn towards the judges. 

Harry took in a deep breath, facing the judges. 

A 10 from Madame Maximoff. 9 from Karkaroff. 10 from Ludo Bagman. Another 9 from Crouch... and a 6 from Dumbledore.

The last score caused everyone to shout in disbelief.

44. The highest score among the champions. Harry could settle for that. 

He'll deal with the golden egg later, for now Sirius and Remus were in Hogwarts. It was time to celebrate.

A/N: yall im back from the dead. its been a month?!?!? not many excuses other than school. just fyi, i planned the entire story alr, and i think it's going to be around 75 chapters (but of course its not certain yet)