Chapter 35: wake up

It was quiet inside.

Before that, Ji Beichuan was crying and pulling others, but now it's different. He sat there quietly, his eyes were red, but there was no more tears, and his whole face was a little bit dark. Pale.

The old lady finally recovered. She sat up slowly, coughed a few times, and looked at Shen Cheng: "Why did you tell me when you weren't in the study?"

At that time, Shen Cheng could directly defend himself.

Standing on the inside, Shen Cheng leaned against the chair and said, "I didn't take medicine before, I'm afraid you won't be able to carry it."

Just as the old lady was about to be moved, she heard Shen Cheng lightly adding: "After all, I am also responsible for not delivering the medicine to you in time."

...

The old lady was silent for a while, and finally turned to look at Ji Beichuan, she called, "Beichuan."

Ji Beichuan turned his face stiffly, his voice a little hoarse: "Grandma."

"Bei Chuan..."

The old lady was sitting on the sofa, her whole body was a little hunched, and her meticulously braided hair was scattered at the back, as if she had grown old overnight.

Ji Beichuan staggered a few steps on the ground and held the old lady's hand: "Grandma."

The old lady reached out and stroked Xiang Ji Beichuan's face with a little trembling. Even though she hadn't seen it for a short period of time, she felt that the child in front of her was a little strange, as if she had never known this child in all these years. How ridiculous, she did. The child who was only half a month old was thinking of her, worried that the medicine she had just taken was slow, so she would rather not open her mouth to defend herself, while the child she had raised for more than ten years was thinking about her inheritance after her death.

How strange.

It was like she hated Shen Youting the most, but after Shen Youting passed away, she felt that she might be wrong when she saw her depressed son.

Ji Beichuan was a little desperate: "Grandma, I didn't collude with Sister Li. I didn't know she would steal things. I just wanted to change the medicine. Grandma, can you trust me?"

The old lady's pale hair fell, and she sighed: "What if the fake pills were mixed with something that could kill this old lady?"

Ji Beichuan was taken aback.

"If..." The old lady looked at him: "Sister Li's plan for you today is not this, but to let you steal documents from a distant life, on the condition that you have monstrous wealth, will you agree?"

Ji Beichuan: "I..."

He won't, he won't do it, he just wants to come back, if it really threatens grandma's life and father's company, he won't do it.

Ji Beichuan was full of despair, but he couldn't say anything to justify it. If he was wrong, he was wrong. No one harmed him. It was his greed and dissatisfaction that harmed himself.

The old lady looked at the child in front of her and felt extremely disappointed. She said, "Go to the hospital to see Shen Dashan. He and Gao Can are worthy of you. At least they are people who treat you sincerely. Don't let yourself regret it any more."

Ji Beichuan slumped on the ground and nodded lightly.

...

This night was destined to be a sleepless night.

The old lady's 70th birthday banquet had a big mess. The guests were dismissed in advance. Most of the parties went to the hospital. The red light in the emergency room did not end until the early morning. Ji Beichuan waited for a long time at the door of the ward until the people inside After being pushed out, he surrounded it for the first time.