Chapter 36: Why isn't she afraid?

Third person pov (the author's pov):

"How on earth could you let her go? Hell, I even told her to not step out of here." He yelled, punching the large cold wall of the throne room, making everyone, including his parents, flinch.

He was furious to say the least. He was outraged, disappointed yet worried. Afterall, he warned about the possible danger lurking around.

"Calm down Dario. She'll be alright. I know she will."

"I am afraid you are wrong, your majesty." Amber said, in a worried tone. Her hands flew up to her mouth as she took a step back, completely dumbfounded, seeing the scene unfold.

Everyone including Darius were horror struck as they saw Raine, surrounded by a couple of dark figures that resembled the night.

"Raine…" he breathed out.

Heart pounding, The little hair on the back of their neck stood up, possibly because of fear. They looked visibly shaken.

Just when they attacked her, with what looked like a whip, Darius, fell to the ground. He felt as if someone was passing volts of electricity through him and the pain was unbearable.

Little did they know, the pain he felt was much more than she felt.

Yelling, He kept thrashing around, trying to subside the pain but nothing worked, nothing could. Darius's mum pulled her son's head into her lap while his father rubbed his palms furiously.

But, he soon stopped moving and succumbed into darkness.

Somewhere, not so far away, by the time Raine caught hold of the actual trap that she fell into, she was already late and her body gave up.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Raine Simmons- Blackwood

I woke up to something stone hard. It felt cold against my skin, sending chills down my body. I tried pulling my legs closer to my body but the lack of energy and the burns made it rather tough.

A laugh erupted from the corner of the place. It neared me as I struggled to keep my eyes open. Everything, every single part was aching and yet, I somehow mustered all the energy left in me to sit right up, leaning against the wall to look at the one.

I smirked as I felt a thick liquid drip down my lip, blood sort of. "Bitch got lucky." I chuckled, wiping off the blood as I eyed her up and down.

"And you ran out of luck." She stood under the bulb, the light's only source in the room they held me in.

It was dark, with the windows high up that let the moonlight in. It reeked of blood and another stench that made my stomach churn in disgust.

The smile or the smirk that played on her lips told me everything, including the arrogant aura that surrounded her.