Chap.1 || Leaving

(If you're wondering, the pic above is what they look like but just a bit older)

Cred: Kiiseki_25 on Instagram

Third Person POV

17-year-old GeminiTay was sitting on her bed drawing some flowers and crystals on her sketchbook when a voice called out, "Gem!"

Gem looked up from her sketchbook to see her twin brother FWhip covered in Redstone excitedly running in her room. "Yes, FWhip?" Gem chuckled as she put her sketchbook on her bedside table. She stood up and walked to her twin brother, "What happened to you?" She asked tip-toeing to dust some of the Redstone dust off of his hair.

"I did something with the Redstone and TNT and it blew up!" FWhip yelled excitedly. 

Gem smiled, "Yeah, that's very nice. Great job." 

"Also, the builders suggested we build another Forge so they asked me to ask you where we should build it." FWhip said as he dusted the Redstone dust off of his pants. "Another Forge? I mean, we could make more weapons faster so that's an advantage. We should put it somewhere near the southern part of Eastvale since we already have one on the northern part." Gem suggested going back to sitting on her bed, grabbing her sketchbook and continued sketching. 

"That's a great idea Gem! I know you're gonna be a great queen!" FWhip exclaimed running out of her room to go tell the builders.

Gem smiled and continued her sketch, loving Redstone and explosion's runs in the family but Gem prefers crystals and peace. 

Gem sighed and closed her sketchbook placing it on her bedside table, she then stood up and walked over to her desk. On the wall was a map of the Grimlands, she looked at the map then outside. 

Right outside of her window was a view of the mountains. She didn't know if she was seeing things but for a split second she thought she saw a purple glow. She shrugged it off thinking it was her imagination and went back to her bed. 

She sat on it and started thinking. She always wanted to learn about magic but never had the chance, learning magic was her dream but because of her and FWhips parents dying to an experiment gone wrong. She has to be the future ruler of the Grimlands since she was older.

Don't be mistaken, Gem was honoured to be queen but the Grimlands were just not for her. She thought about maybe going to that mountain, there were legends of that mountain being magical and who wished to go there would learn magic, she always believed that the mountains were mysterious and magical but FWhip never agreed telling her that its just a legend. 

But Gem knew that magic lied beyond those mountains. The mountains looked so quiet and magical that its basically luring her in. 

The Grimlands were pretty noisy with the explosions and stuff so she wanted to get away from it. 

Now she was left with a decision. Will she leave to go to the mountains and possibly learn magic? Or will she stay in the Grimlands and rule with the fear of explosions?

She made the decision of leaving and possibly learning magic in the mountains so hopefully in the future once she masters the magic she could help her twin brother. But Gem knew that she couldn't tell FWhip or else he'll be a problem. Well, if it was true she could stay there but if it wasn't she could easily go back. 

She decided that maybe tomorrow she will take her leave. She grabbed her bag and set it on the base of her bed, she took a look outside and realized it was time for dinner. 

She stood up dusting some dirt off of her dress and walked out of the room and to the dining room.

-After Dinner-

Gem walked out of the dining room and back into her room. She went over to her bookshelf and picked a random book, she walked over to her bed and started reading it. 

30 minutes have passed and she put the book she was reading back into the bookshelf then went to her closet and grabbed some clothes. She took a towel and went inside her spacious bathroom, she took off her clothes and started to shower.

10 minutes later she finished and quickly put on her nightgown. She walked out and dried her hair before sitting back on her bed and stared at the view of the mountains. It's as if the mountains were glowing, as if its calling her, telling her to go there. 

She yawned feeling tired then went to sleep. 

-In The Morning-

Gem woke up bright and early feeling excited. She might learn magic and master it but she's gonna have to leave her beloved twin brother behind. 

She sat up yawning and stretched, she got up and grabbed her clothes and towel then headed to her bathroom to shower. She took a 10 minute shower before putting on her clothes and drying her hair. Once her hair was dried, she looked at herself in the mirror. 

She was wearing a white long sleeved shirt with a long dark blue skirt and she let her hair down instead of braiding it. She took her bag from the base of her bed and put some essentials in it such as, torches, food, a water bottle, some weapons just incase, a pickaxe, an axe, and a map. She just hoped there would be a village somewhere that she could stay for the night. 

She closed her bag once checking that everything is there and grabed her purple coat since she knew it would be cold.

She checked for the final time before putting on her bag and putting on the purple coat over it, trying the strings to make sure it wouldn't fall off

She checked for the final time before putting on her bag and putting on the purple coat over it, trying the strings to make sure it wouldn't fall off. She went and grabbed her boots, putting on some socks before putting the boots on.

She took one last look at her room just incase she leaves forever, muttering a quiet "Goodbye." before closing the door and walking through the halls, it was for some reason quiet. FWhip would be the one making noise with his Redstone stuff but he was nowhere in sight. 

Gem kept on walking through the halls looking for FWhip hoping to say goodbye. "Gem!" A familiar voice called out. Gem looked back as FWhip ran towards her stopping right before hitting her. "Where are you going? Can I come?" FWhip asks excitedly, Gem was trying to think of a lie fast. "I-I'm just uh, going to check on the forge." She lied. "Then why are you carrying a bag?" The taller asked. "W-Well, I might be staying there for a while so I packed a water bottle and snacks." The shorter lied. Gem hated lying to her brother but she didn't want him to worry.

"Okay then! Don't be gone for too long!" FWhip said before hugging her, Gem was taken back but hugged him back. She whispered a soft "I'll miss you." but luckily FWhip didn't hear it. They let go, "I'll be off now." Gem smiled.

"Bye Gem!" FWhip said waving goodbye. 

Gem waved back, "Goodbye." 

1210 Words