Chapter 2

"You sure she's gonna be okay?" The blonde, who Dani now knows is called Emma, asks them. Cora briefly checks Snow before turning to Emma.

"Don't worry. She'll be fine."

Daniela listens carefully as the two women start to talk. "What is this place? Where are we?" Emma asks.

"It's a little island our captors like to think of as their haven." Cora responds. Dani briefly looks at Snow, who seems to be waking up soon as she starts to stir a little.

"Haven? From what?"

"The world's dangerous. What's left of it, anyway." Cora informs the blonde.

"Well, they can't keep us down here. We didn't do anything wrong." Daniela can tell that Emma is pretty pissed off. The brunette is sure she has never seen Emma before and yet the blonde woman looks kind of familiar to her. She just can't put her finger on it.

"Neither did I." Cora replies.

"Then why are you here?" Emma questions.

"I'm here because of something my daughter did. The curse that ravaged this land? She cast it."

"Regina?" Emma raises her eyebrows. "You're Regina's mother?"

"Yes." Cora replies shortly. "But you have nothing to fear from me. The apple fell very far from the tree." Emma gives her a doubtful look. "You're from over there, aren't you?" Cora continues. "How'd you get back?"

Suddenly, Snow jumps up from where she was laying down, holding a hand to the back of her head. "Emma." She says quickly. "No..." Snow whispers.

"Oh, Snow, you're awake. I'm so relieved." Cora clearly fakes her response and Dani can't help but almost laugh.

"As bad as you think Regina is, this woman is worse." Snow warns Emma.

"Oh, Snow." Cora interrupts again and Snow protectively stands in front of Emma. Dani frowns at the gesture. "Sweet Snow, please believe me. Whatever she told you isn't true. I just wanna help you."

"Let's hear her out." Emma whispers to Snow.

"Emma." Snow warns her.

"Okay." Emma starts again. "Right now, we're at the bottom of a hole with no other options. And Henry is back in Storybrooke with Regina."

"Who's Henry?" Cora asks curiously

"My son. I kind of share him with Regina. It's complicated." Emma explains.

"Don't talk to her!" Snow warns her again, turning around to face the blonde.

"Her... son?" Dani thinks to herself. Did she already get replaced?

"Enough!" A man yells from the opening above them. "Our leader requests an audience." Then a rope swings down into the hole. Emma and Snow share a look before taking it and climbing back up to the surface. When Cora is sure they are out of hearing distance, she turns to her granddaughter who steps out of the shadows.

"Dear, I need you to do something for me." Cora spoke in a hushed tone. Daniela frowns and waits for her grandmother to continue. "I want to make sure we get to your mother. Snow likely won't tell her plans straight away, so I need you to stand by as I, or Lancelot, talks to them. I think I know what she will be up to and I need you to gain their trust. They don't know who you are yet."

"Of course, grandmother. But what if they figure out who I am?" Daniela asks with a slightly worried look on her face. Cora chuckles and lightly pats the girl on her back.

"You have magic, don't you?" The woman smiles. "Just teleport yourself back here, to me." Dani nods and teleports herself to her sleeping tent. She gears up, getting her bow and arrow alongside a knife and walks towards Mulan, who is talking to the newcomer. Aurora, if she isn't mistaken.