36: The Recording

(Chapter - 36)

(Chapter - 36)

The siblings soon reached the hospital and ran towards the help desk to enquire about their brother. That is when Niki appeared in front of them with a worried face.

"Where is Jake?" Jay paused to collect his breath before asking Niki.

"He is currently being operated on in the O.T." Niki informed them.

"Take us to where Heeseung hyung is. I want to know more about the further details from him." Sunoo told Niki, who just nodded and guided them towards Heeseung, who was sitting with his head down on the bench that was placed in front of the operation theatre.

The brothers started discussing about his condition, consoling Heeseung with sweet words and giving him the willpower he needed at the moment. He did need that support as he was the eldest amongst them, and their obligations fell squarely on his shoulders.

Sunghoon and Y/N had been immersed in their own worlds the entire time, sitting together but not saying anything since the incident. One was profoundly responsible for his conduct, while the other was just unfamiliar to such situations.

Sunghoon and Y/N never sat quietly. They both clashed frequently, but this time it was unusual to witness the pair sitting in pin-drop stillness, which Jungwon noted.

Jungwon was as clever as a hawk. He observed everything around him, but talked only and when required. He spoke rarely about the family matters.

The O.T gate was pushed open, and the doctor entered with a strained expression, drawing everyone's attention, including Y/N and Sunghoon.

"How is he, doctor?" Heeseung asked the doctor in concern.

"He is facing some complications at the current moment." The doctor explained them briefly.

"What complications?" Jay inquired, his voice anxious.

"He won't be able to move his arm normally. In a nutshell, he developed monoplegia." When the doctor spoke up, Heeseung burst out weeping, unable to believe what he was hearing.

"You are lying, right?" Heeseung inquired of the doctor, tears welling up in his eyes.

"No, I am not lying." With his head down, the doctor remarked.

"It's all because of you, Sunghoon!!" Jay screamed out, grabbing Sunghoon by his collar. The guy was void of any emotions.

"Why did you do that, Sunghoon? WHY?" Jay yelled while clutching the other's collar, and unable to contain his emotions, he began crying as well.