Wait is over

"Strike when the iron is hot" was my captain's word of advice for me when I left for my mission. The very mission I am about to complete after nearly six months of hard work.

I take a deep breath, trying to calm my nerves. I wish the agent training courses also taught us about how to control our nerves at moments like this. I crack my fingers and start working my way through his computer.

 I have been working as his receptionist to get information from his computer for months now. As it turns out, the chairman of the best software developing company in the country was involved in trading sensitive information about the Indian military with other countries. 

Password cracked, Yes!

I start opening files across his desktop, trying to find the files I need.

Our team found out that Mr. Raikes, the chairman of this company might have a major hand in this whole ordeal. So, to get the required information from him, I was assigned to this mission. I have been working for the past months, getting his trust and also forwarding the little leads we get.

 The government has just started questioning Mr. Raikes on those things and he has been stressed that everything might soon be out in open and he will be busted. Today he left for lunch and I knew that it was time. It was time to strike.

I drum my fingers on the dark mahogany desk out of anticipation. My heartbeat picking up as every second passes and I wait for a particular program to open.

 Just then, it does. 

There, in the file, I found all I had been sent there for. I had found it! I let out a breath of relief but my silent celebration is cut off by the familiar humming of the chairman's car. I glance at the clock just to confirm that he is nearly ten minutes early than always. I had taken note of everything about him for months. 

I curse under my breath and quickly remove the pen drive that I had managed to copy the program in and rush out of his office. I curse my heel for slowing me down but I am able to make it just in time as the front doors open and the soon to be a declared national criminal walks in.

 I look up at him and for the first time ever, give him a real smile. I have done it!

AUTHOR'S NOTE
Hey!! I hope you enjoyed reading. I'm open to suggestions on new topics and please do point out any mistakes or places my writing lacks. I'll come back with a new story soon. Bye!!