13🔸 Satyabhama

S A T Y A B H A M A

S A T Y A B H A M A

»»——⍟——««

Draupadi

"I don't understand, Draupadi. Are you really that desperate to have Arjun as your husband that you're willing to sacrifice yourself" Dhrishtadyumna fumed.

"Now you're going over the line" I tried to keep my voice as calm as I could while removing the flowers from my hair.

Right after I left my father's room Dhrisht had been trying to change my mind from the past two hours. Soon our conversation started to heat up and now my brother looked ready to murder someone as I watched him through the mirror gritting his teeth and punching this and that occasionally.

My brother was the male version of myself just more uncontrolled. He was easier to rose to anger and had absolutely to control over it.

"Really? I think your would be in laws are going over the line. Why should you pay for their mother's 'mistake' ?"

Dhrishtadyumna let out a dry chuckle as he mumbled to himself "Mistake! I mean what they think we are? Your Swayamvar was the most talked about Swayamvar in whole Aryavart. Don't you think she was well aware of the victory of her son? And your Arjun, he-"

"Bhrata stop!" I howled rosing on my feet as I whirled around to face him.

"You know nothing and never will. I don't expect you or anyone to understand my situation, my pain and my dilemma. But for heaven's sake stop this, I don't really have the strength or energy to listen to all these right now. If I can accept my fate so can you"

"You can cancel this damn wedding Drau" He almost pleaded. This was the first time since our birth I had seen him looking so helpless.

"No, I can't" I gulped lowering my eyes as a tear escaped my eye.

Even my own brother was judging me for this decision. I knew it was out of love and affection yet...

A great sense of weariness swept over me sucking my energy with it as I imagined others making such colorful interpretations of my marriage.