46.

Rose receives letters every day from Harry over the break confirming he hasn't been attacked and that he's still alright. He mentions that Malfoy doesn't know who the heir is but confirmed the theory about this creature attacking muggle-borns.

As sick as it was to say, Harry should be alright. He was a half-blood by blood-supremacy standards, with his father being pure-blooded. He and Ron needed to band together and keep Hermione safe.

And things were better for a moment. From January to May, Harry continually said he was safe. There hasn't been any more petrification since Christmas and he and his friends were getting closer in their investigations.

Then, in May, the news comes about Hermione and another muggleborn, Penelope Clearwater. They had been in the library and both were petrified at the same time.

At this point, Rose is ready to tell Albus he needs to shut the school down. They've had countless attacks on students, it wasn't safe for them anymore.

But all of the tension cultivates one final time at the end of May when Rose receives another letter from the school.

This letter tells her that Harry was involved in a skirmish with a basilisk and some evil form of Voldemort, away he tried to prolong his life.

They tell her that Harry is fine and all of the students have been reanimated with Mandrake plants, the only real injury came to Gilderoy Lockhart.

Finally, when Rose knows for a fact Harry will be safe for the last month of his school year, she can relax. But only slightly.

Rose does write a letter to Dumbledore. And it is not kind.

She tells him in no uncertain terms that if anything odd or suspicious happens before the next term at the school, Rose is taking up a post there. Whether she's a teacher or a second mediwitch, she doesn't care. Since Dumbledore can't seem to protect Harry, Rose will have to do it herself.

After a school year that felt like it took decades, Rose was finally waiting on the platform to receive Harry from his traumatic year at school.

Once the train stopped, it didn't take long for Harry to find his things from the cargo compartment and reach Rose, saying a heartfelt goodbye to his friends.

Rose gives him a massive hug and makes sure to tell him how much she's missed him before they chat for a moment with Molly and then exit the platform, walking outside so they can ride on their brooms home.

Once they finally get there, Rose forces Harry to spill about everything that happened and everything he didn't tell her.

Rose comes to find out that this Chamber had been opened once before and the basilisk killed moaning myrtle. Rose remembers the ghost from her days at the school, she was dreadful.

But Harry says her testimony did help them to figure out something was coming from the girl's bathroom. Hermione was the one to figure out it was a Basilisk, she used a mirror to check corners so she wouldn't be directly killed. Smart girl.

But Harry tells Rose that the cause was a diary. He technically can't prove it but the day they bought supplies, at Flourish and Blotts, Lucius Malfoy slipped it into Ginny's cauldron.