21. "You're so fucking pathetic, Mila"

!Trigger warning!

Mila's POV

Since my birthday was coming closer I started with the preparations, I had texted all of my girlfriends the location and the time, which were the same as every year.

22nd of March, Howard house, 8 pm

I was sitting in the kitchen with Lexi who was typing away some additional things to her play, when I got a text from Nate.

from Nate to Mi<3 1:44 PM

Come outside in 10. I need to talk to you

I sighed at the text message, knowing I had no other choice than to go and see him. Nate was so stubborn most of the time, he would literally wait outside the house until tomorrow if I wouldn't come out of the house later.

"What's wrong?", Lexi asked stopping her typing for a second.

"Nate just texted me he's outside in a bit, he wants to talk", I explained not knowing if this would be a good idea.

"Oh that's a lot", Lexi answered with her signature disgusted face.

"I know, I just know there is no way around", I explained to which Lexi nodded.

"Nate's coming?", Cassie asked while entering the kitchen.

"Yeah, he wants to talk to me", I explained still looking at my phone.

"Well do you think it's a good idea I mean since you're seeing Fez", Cassie asked leaning against the counter.

"Why not? Fez and I are only friends", I explained a bit annoyed, of course, we kissed but that was no one's business but ours.

"Aren't you like hanging out with him three times a week? I bet you two have a thing and you're just too scared to admit it", Cassie shrugged.

Why was she getting on my nerves so badly?

"Cassie actually, I am able to be friends with boys unlike you", I snapped at her.

"That's not how I meant it, I'm just saying I think he's good for you. Better for you than Nate could ever be", Cassie smiled at me sweetly.

"I don't know but you know Nate, he's my Nate you know", I tried to explain but it was senseless, I just decided to drop the topic because Nate had texted me he was outside.

"Okay guys, I've gotta go", I sighed and grabbed my purse before leaving the house. The familiar truck was parked right outside our driveway.

I gulped before walking over to it and saying my prayers before getting in. With Nate it was always a surprise which character you'd get. One day you're gonna get the sweet Nate, the other you're gonna get the aggressive Nate, another day you're gonna get the controlling possessive one. The list goes on and on.

"Hey Nate", I smiled at the boy as I made my way into his car, closing the door behind me.

"Hey Mi, I hope you can understand but I really wanted to see you and talk to you", he explained as he began driving.

"It's fine I guess", I sighed and stared out of the window hoping this conversation would go okay.

Nate and I didn't say another word during the drive. He finally stopped the car in an empty parking lot.

Please dear god don't let him kill me.

"Okay Mi, how have you been?", he asked. "I've been good actually and you?", I asked.

"I'm fine. See, I wanted to talk to you about us. I really miss you and I know we both messed up but I feel like I need you back in my life, honestly you're the only person that understands the true and real me", Nate explained taking one of my hands in his.