Betrayal

I hang out in the library with the trio after dinner. Me and Hermione get started on some homework while the boys discuss the events of the evening.
"We've got to do something. He can't keep acting like this and getting away with it", Harry says.
"I say we kill him", Ron says.
"Very mature", Hermione responds.
"He's the immature one. Plus I'm only doing this to protect you", Ron says defensively.
"Ronald, I appreciate it but I don't need protecting", Hermione says, annoyed.
"What are you going to do then?", Ron asks angrily.
"Guys the last thing we need is a fight between us right now", I say.
"She's right. This isn't helping guys", Harry agrees.
"I'm just sick of it", Ron says.
"He was so mad. Never seen him that mad before.", I admit.
There's a silence.
"(Y/N), he didn't...", Harry begins.
"What?".
"He didn't hurt you did he? Your knee..".
"NO, no of course not. Draco would never, I just fell thats all", I say shocked.
"Are you sure?", Ron asks.
"We know he has a temper. And if he ever lays a finger on you..", Hermione says.
"No guys, I swear. I know he's being an idiot right now but he would never hurt me like that".
"Okay, we believe you", Harry says.
"Mhm", Ron grunts.
"You promise you'd tell us if he ever did?", Hermione says.
"I tell you guys everything. But that will never happen okay?", I say, getting annoyed now.
"Okay...", she says.
"You guys should start your homework. Me and Mione aren't gonna do it for you", I roll my eyes at the boys.
"Okay mum", Ron says grabbing his books.

I make my way back to my common room as it starts to get late. Draco is sitting there on his own. I attempt to walk past him but he grabs my arm.
"Draco, let me go", I say sternly.
He softens his grip. "I just want to talk".
"I don't care", I say and he lets go of my arm.
"You'll forgive me", he says as I'm walking away.
"Excuse me?", I reply.
"You always do", he replies and I swear I see the glimmer of a smile on his lips.
I ignore his comments and walk up the stairs to my dorm.

The next morning I sit with the trio for breakfast.
"How are you", Mione asks.
"I'm okay", I lie.
"I slept terrible", Ron groans.
"Why?", I ask.
"Had to finish that stupid homework all on my own", he yawns.
"Poor you. I personally slept extremely well without your snoring all night", Harry smiles happily.
"Merlins beard can he not take a hint", Ron is looking behind me.
It's Draco again.
"Just ignore", Harry says.
"Good morning (Y/N). I have something I'd like to talk about with you .", he says.
"You can discuss it here mate", Ron says.
"I said stay quiet", Harry says annoyed.
"I'd like to discuss it with her in private Ron if that's okay with you", Draco spits.
"Meet me at 7pm at the spot", Draco murmurs.
I say nothing.
Draco finally leaves.
"What are you doing to do?", Hermione asks.
"She's not going of course", Ron says.
"Ron you don't get to decide that", Harry says.
"Well she can't go on her own", Ron says.
"She can if she wants to Ronald", Mione says.
"No I don't wanna go alone", I admit.
"I'll go", Harry says suddenly.
"Um, okay sure", I nod.
"I'll meet you at the library at 7 and we can head there okay", I say.
"Where's there?", he asks.
"The astronomy tower", I whisper and get up to leave the table.

At 7pm I meet Harry at the library.
"How you feeling?", he asks.
"I'm fine. Just wanna get this over and done with".
We make our way up to the tower slowly.
Draco is looking out at the sky.
"Hello", I whisper.
"(Y/N)", he smiles but it fades quickly when he sees Harry.
"Why is he here?", he says angrily.
"She didn't want to come alone", Harry explains.
"What? Why?", Draco asks.
"Just tell me what you wanna talk about so we can get it done with", I say impatiently.
"He can't be here", Draco complains.
"Why not?", Harry says grabbing my hand.
Draco's grey eyes  look down at Harry's hand clutching mind and dart back up, piercing through Harry's brown eyes like knives.
"Because this is nothing to do with you", he says sternly.
"I don't care", Harry responds not breaking eye contact.
"Look this isn't about the fight. It's about (Y/N)s safety", he begins.
"What?", I say.
"It concerns you too Harry", Draco sighs.
"And you weren't going to tell me", Harry asks.
"I assumed (Y/N) would as you two have become so close", his eyes point to our hands again.
I let go suddenly feeling uncomfortable.
"Look i know you're not going to leave so I'm just going to pretend you're not here", he looks at Harry with disgust.
"Okay go on", I say.
"I don't know if either of you heard. But Sirius Black has escaped from Azkaban.", he begins.
"Ya we know. What does that have to do with us?", I ask.
"My father, he wrote to me. You know how he works at the ministry (Y/N)", he says.
"Yes".
Draco pauses for a long time.
"Sirius Black is your uncle (Y/N) ", he says.
The air is clear and thin and every syllable seems to echo through my head.
"I don't have an uncle Draco", I say.
"Yes you do. He was locked up before you were able to meet him. I don't quite know the full story between him and your parents or what happened. But Father seems to think..", he stumbles over his words.
"What?", I ask trying to take in all this information.
"There was an argument, between your father and Sirius. Father seems to think Sirius is coming for revenge. He seemed genuinely concerned. I think he's become quite fond of you".
I fight the urge to smile.
"On my parents? Are they okay??", I ask.
"Black was a follower of you know who. He's dangerous (Y/N). And he was friends with Harry's parents before you know...".
"You know?", Harry asks.
"He was the one who led he who must not be named to your parents", Draco says quietly.
"Your parents trusted him with their location and..".
"I get it", Harry looks like he's forgotten how to breathe.
"You're both in danger. He's out and he could be anywhere. I don't want to scare you but you need to know", Draco says.
"If he wants revenge on your parents (Y/N) you're the biggest target. I'm sorry I had to be the one to tell you this".
"I'm glad you did. I didn't even know I had an uncle. Why do I know nothing about my own family? All these secrets keep coming out and I keep looking more and more stupid", my voice shakes.
"I'm sorry", Draco begins but I interrupt.
"What do you think they were arguing about?", I ask.
"I don't know (Y/N). I'm sorry".
We stand there in disbelief.
Draco begins to walk away but I grab his arm. It reminds me of the other night in the common room. Some sort of Deja vu.
"Thank you", I say.
He smiles. I want to hug him and tell him about my day and how I miss him but then the over he lining feeling of anger rises as I remember his words, "mud blood".
"But this doesn't change what you've done", I whisper and I turn away leaving him on his own.

"He was their friend", Harry says I sit down next to him.
"They trusted him. And he betrayed them", a single tear rolls down underneath his glasses.
"I'm sorry Harry".
"I hope he tries to find me. Because if he does...I'm going to kill him", anger fills up in his voice.
I let him lean his head on my shoulder until he calms down.

"I feel like I know nothing about myself. I don't know who I am, or what I am.", he says.
"I know Harry, me too".