133: Promise? (1)

Chapter 133: Promise? (1)

"You're going to do what I am going to say. Is that clear?" Neji said, standing in front of Toga who was sitting on the edge of the bed, hugging his abdomen.

"Yes of course!" Toga nodded enthusiastically, her chin resting above his stomach as she stared at his eyes with her wide shining irises. "Just tell me what to do, and I will do it! Though... I need rewards for each mission..."

They were both wearing clothes now. Neji wore a purple shirt sloppily tucked under his black pants, which looked stylish if anything. While Toga wore a new set of high school, looking almost identical to and yet much better than her previous one.

Neji softly brushed his hand past her ears before he jerked her hair from behind to throw her into the bed.

"Ouch!"

Neji wouldn't have done that if she wasn't into that shit, but more importantly, he didn't want to get too close to her. She was crazy...and that was hot...but that's the problem. Crazy and Hot don't end up week together.

So, keeping his douche act up, he talked. "Your first job is to make sure to never act all lovey-dovey with me. You're an employee, I am your employer. You receive benefits for accomplishing the mission I give you, nothing more nothing less." Neji stared down at her, ignoring her grunt, as Toga rubbed the back of her head. "Is that clear?"

"Ugh... Do I look like I am in a position to talk back?" She grunted again, this time with a sigh and sat straight back up. "Well, whatever. You don't seem to like me that much, at least not when I am wearing clothes, hehe~"

"..."

"Okay, I will stop." Toga boo'ed at him. "You're no fun~, boss. But eh, just tell me what I am supposed to do after going back to the League."

Although Toga said she'll stop, in her mind, she thought otherwise. If she were to stop, he would most likely kill her after his mission or whatever with the League was done. She needed to make him like her somehow, enough for him to keep her around even after that, at least. So that she could savour his rich delicious blood for the end of eternity.

Besides that, the cold look in his eyes... she might just have fallen for him already.

Neji, picking his ear with his pinky, pondered on her last question with a thoughtful expression.

"Hmm... For now, just keep notifying me about the things happening inside the League every 24 hours. Of course, if there's an emergency you can contact me early too." Neji already gave her his number along with a new phone, since she didn't have one before. "Based on your performance, you'll be rewarded generously–don't you worry about that."

Seeing Toga nod, he was about to say 'That's all,' but he remembered something else. "Oh yeah, and if you're planning to spill the beans and betray me, I will make sure to lock you up in a basement while glasses of my blood will be placed around your cell, for you to smell until forever because I would keep feeding you enough to keep you alive."

"..." Toga shivered just at the thought, biting her tongue and promising not to do that right there.

"Alright, then I will drop you a few kilometres outside this building. Find your way back to the League and contact me in 24 hours." Neji said to Toga, who nodded.

"But how will we go out unnoticed-"

Her words came to a halt as Neji's fingers pressed on her neck, causing her eyes to roll up and her body to drop back to the bed.

Then Neji simply touched her just as her body immediately got stored in his inventory.

Before leaving the penthouse though, he looked at the map on the table, the map that Toga had hand-drawn just a few minutes ago. The map... of the League of Villains' hideout that Toga took a look at while nobody else was noticing.