Chapter Thirty Four

LYRA
________

"Cheers!"

The auburn haired girl nudged the dark haired boy and glared at him.

"Jaxon, we haven't even made a toast!"

The drunken boy snorted. "I did," he retorted and pointed to his head. "In my head, you just couldn't hear it."

Ava gave him a bored look, not impressed by the drunken Jaxon.

When he reached down to grab another shot, Ava snatched it out of his hand and downed it herself, wincing immediately after.

"What is this shit?" she gasped, sticking her tongue out in disgust.

"Talk about being dramatic," Jaxon muttered, raising a brow at her.

"Oh, shush," she quietened the boy. "I prefer cocktails."

"Add a spoonful of sugar and it will be a cocktail," Jaxon beamed proudly, grinning at the girl beside him.

Ava sent him a face of disgust before strutting over to stand by my side.

"This must be the aftermath of having a batshit crazy family," she whispered to me. "Poor boy, instead of looking for a mate, he is over here in the corner drunk off his head."

Contrary to Ava's words, I smiled at the boy and admired how carefree he looked in that moment.

We were currently celebrating Zynthéa's birthday at the pack venue, but I wasn't actually sure where the birthday girl was.

It had been three months since we had learned the truth, and three months since Pale Moon had been evicted. As I was technically the rightful heir to the Alpha title, Alexander and I had decided to combine the packs and extend Silver Crescent.

Alexander had introduced me to the pack, and he had been right, they had quickly accepted me. I had met his mother on the same day. She was a lovely woman, but distant. Alexander told me travelling was her coping mechanism to deal with the absence of her mate— Alexander's father.

"Sorry to interrupt ladies, Jaxon," Alexander spoke as he came up behind us.

His eyes travelled to Jaxon and he arched a brow at the boy questioningly, probably confused as to why the boy was so drunk.

"Oh, just take her already," Jaxon gestured with his hand. "No need for the formalities. We are all friends here."

My mate narrowed his eyes at the boy, but quickly directing his gaze to me.

"Baby, can I talk to you for a minute?"

I gave Ava an apologetic look before letting my mate guide me away. Jaxon yelled something after us that I could not comprehend because of the slurring of his words.

I followed my mate up the stairs until he pushed me in to a large, dark, empty room.

"What's wrong?" I asked Alexander.

My eyes roamed over him. He was wearing a black tuxedo suit without a tie, and looked absolutely breath taking. A couple of buttons were left open at the top, exposing the muscly skin beneath. I couldn't believe he was really mine.

I yelped in surprise when he pushed me up against the door, one of his hands resting on my waist, meanwhile the other cupped my face.

Without warning, his lips pressed against mine roughly, catching me completely off guard. But Alexander pulled away before I could react.