Author's Note

When I first uploaded this story to Wattpad I never expected to win a Watty or get as many reads as I have. I am eternally grateful to everyone who has read this story. From the bottom of my heart thank you!

While I no longer upload new stories to Wattpad, the good news is I'm now a published author with several series in the works. My first book, Tempest in a Teapot, is available for purchase on most major book retailers in paperback and ebook format. The book is a zany gaslamp fantasy romcom set in the Victorian period. Book 2, Read the Leaves, is a gothic satire with vampire vibes. The third book in the series, Trouble is Brewing, follows the events of Tempest in a Teapot with an enemies-to-lovers romcom with forced proximity.

The first book of my fantasy series Silver Blood is also available on Wattpad. Eventually I will be officially publishing the full series and the edited version of it to stores.

If you want to support my published works but don't have the money to do so, you can still support me by recommending my book to your local library (some libraries already stock my books, but if not your library might get a copy in for you) and leaving a review.

You can check out book news and releases on my website https://katevalentauthor.com

Again, thank you lovely readers!

Tempest in a Teapot summary:

Charlotte loves tea as much as the next person, but she never expected a magical teapot to choose her husband.

When eccentric businessman and magician Martin Steepe hosts a tea party to find a wife, Charlotte doesn't expect to be chosen. After all she's only a baker's daughter aspiring to be a penny blood author and the Steepes want to marry into nobility. Except he does choose her. With enchanted tea leaves. Unfortunately for Charlotte he doesn't even know her name let alone that she isn't nobility. And she isn't entirely certain having the same favorite tea is a good basis for a marriage.

As their awkward courtship evolves, she finds herself falling for Mr. Steepe's honesty, his charming magic, and the tea he sells. But then his cousin discovers the truth of her standing and refuses to let Martin marry a commoner. With the fate of the Steepe family fortune at stake, he is determined to end the engagement through whatever magical and non-magical means necessary. If she doesn't put an end to his scheming he will ruin her engagement. If the truth doesn't first.