Tyler comes up to Caroline and Bonnie who were waiting for Estella to show up at the school entrance. "Cider for the ladies. It's a Lockwood special." Bonnie shook her head straight away "No way. Last year I was hung over until Thanksgiving." Caroline however agrees, "Lightweight. I am going to drink until someone is hot enough to make out with." Tyler smirks and hits her cup with his. "Sounds like a plan."

But before he takes a sip, he sees Estella walk in, "Woah"
Caroline and Bonnie turn to see what got him so speechless and in sync their jaws dropped. Estella chuckles at their reactions, "Pick up your jaws or you're going to catch flies." She did a little spin, "So what do you think?" Caroline wolf whistles and goes to hug her, "Our best friend is so fucking hot." Bonnie nods in agreement. "Well glad to have gotten your approval my furry friends."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Estella was grinding on a random student and his girlfriend when she saw Elena, Stefan and Matt.  Stefan had to double take when seeing her, she really looked like an angel from heaven above. His jaw clenched however at the hands that were all over her body. Excusing herself from the couple she went to meet them.

Matt pushes Stefan back when he tried to reach for Vicki "You need to back off, man."

 "Matt, it's...it's okay." Elena tries to reason with the human and let Stefan help the new vampire. "No, it's not okay. What the hell is your problem?" Estella comes between the vampire and human looking right into Matt's eyes. Her eyes glow red as she compels him. "Leave don't worry about your sister." Estella turns grabbing Stefan's hand and tells them to follow her.

Elena glares at the intertwined hands of Stefan and Estella but doesn't say anything. Getting Jeremy to safety is more important. 

Elena's yell brings Estella's attention to the scene in between the school buses. "Vicki, no!" Elena hits Vicki with a wooden plank leading to Vicki to grab her and throw her into a pile of similar planks nearby. 

Jeremy's screams for Vicki distract everyone enough for the young vampire to flee. Vicki appears behind Elena and bites into her neck leaving a trail of blood. "Oh for fuck sake, i've got to do everything around here" Estella pins Vicki to the bus and manifests a stake right into hand and impales Vicki with it. Grey veins appear showing a dead vampire. 

Elena tells Stefan to take her brother away whilst Estella calls the clean up crew. 

"Star?"

 "Hey Dames, I need your help."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Damon arrives at the scene to see a dead vampire, crying doppelgänger and a very bored witch. "You should go. I got this." Damon says to the doppelgänger already annoyed by her presence.

"You did this. This is your fault." Elena says whilst glaring at the older Salvatore. "I'm sorry I don't remember Damon being here and stabbing Vicki, oh wait that was me." Estella says trying to lighten the mood, only ending up being ignored by Elena. 

"You confuse me for someone with remorse." Damon says looking down at her. "None of this matters to me. None of it."

"People die around you. How could it not matter? It matters, and you know it." After saying this to Damon, Elena raises her hand to hit him but is stopped when a red mist wraps around it. She looks confused but they both turn to be faced by Estella's red eyes and a furious look on her face.

"You may be angry Elena, but if I ever see you raise your hand to Damon ever again, I will cut it off." She releases Elena and faces away from them. "You need to leave. Your wounds are bleeding, you made Star angry and you need to leave."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Whilst Damon drives Estella and him towards the Gilbert residence, Estella turns to him, "Hey Dames" Damon hums in a way to say he was listening, "When we get there Elena is going to want to compel Jeremy to forget and I want you to do it, but add something onto it. Tell him that tomorrow he comes to me and will remember everything and i'll explain what happened."

 Damon looks confused and asks, "Why do you want him to remember?"

Estella turns back to face the windshield before answering, "Because grief isn't something that you can just take away, it is something that you need to let in, to live with. You can't be happy after the sadness if you didn't let the sadness consume you. Yes he'll be in pain and its going to be hard but in the end he'll come out stronger." The rest of the ride was quiet no one needing to add anything to what was said.

"Stefan, please. I don't know how he'll ever get past this. I just want him to forget everything that happened." Elena tries to persuade Stefan into compelling Jeremy. "If I did it, there's no guarantee that it would work...Because of who I am. Because of how I live. I don't have the ability to do it right."

 Damon makes himself known, Estella behind him with Damon's jacket wrapped around her shoulders. "I can do it. If this is what you want...I'll do it." Elena looks at him before sighing, "It's what I want."

 "What do you want him to know?"

"I want you to tell him that Vicki left town and she's not coming back. That he shouldn't look for her or worry about her. He's gonna miss her, but he knows it's for the best." Damon nods, just before going in he turns to Estella and gives her a subtle wink to let her know he will do what she asked of him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, Estella is woken up by a knock at her door. She opens revealing the youngest Gilbert. "Hey Jeremy, come on in."  Jeremy enters and suddenly all the memories come back. Vicki. He starts to tear up a bit and Estella walks him into the living room. "Let me explain everything cariño"

And so she did, her being a witch, the Salvatores being vampires, Vicki being one. The reason of  her death. Elena compelling his memories away and how to prevent it happening again .

"So vervain stops a vampire from doing that mind thing" Jeremy asked after calming down a bit. "Compelling you, yes." She looked at him for a moment the way he had the look of sadness and slight loneliness she knew all too well. She had the same look. 

"Jeremy you need to understand, you can't let anyone know that you are aware of vampires, especially your sister considering she will try to compel you again." Jeremy had slight anger on his face when talking about what Elena did to him. "Well I can't just live normally what if a vampire comes and tries to kill me or Jenna." Estella stands up with an excited look on her face. "Follow me."

Estella leads him up the stairs in her home the spiral staircase leading to a hall, at the end was a door that showed off a gym. "I'm going to train you, by the end you might be as well be a hunter." She had a knowing glint in her eye, she knew he could be good. 

Jeremy lit up at the fact that he would be able to defend himself and his family. "But listen to me very clearly I have rules." Jeremy nodded with a serious look on his face he was not going to mess this up. "No drugs, no drinking unless its a party and you focus on your schoolwork. That means homework on time and to a good level. You do all that and i'll train you. By the end of a year you'll be able to sense and kill a vampire."

Estella put the same spell on Jeremy that she did for Caroline, one to stop him from being compelled. She knew Elena gave him a bracelet of vervain but that wasn't enough. She was going to protect him like a little brother. 

She had to, it was her job.