Ohana means family ~ Chris Evans

Warnings: angst, social anxiety, mention of depression, fluff

A/N: Hello everyone! I hope everyone is happy and healthy. I'm back again with another Chris story. Hope you all love it!

English is not my first language, so I apologize for any grammar mistakes. Feedback and requests are always welcome!

I do NOT give permission for my work to be translated or reposted on here or any other site.

~

You cared for your family so much. It had everything you've ever wanted. Chris and your precious 3-year-old Ayla was the best thing that ever happened to you. They gave you love that no one ever gave you. Even your own parents.

You grew up in a toxic family. Your parents are strict and very mean. They never allowed you to make your own decisions or go alone. When kids your ages got drunk and made friends, you stayed at home and got depressed.

'We are trying to protect you'. The most typical lie your parents told you. This so-called 'protection' gave you social anxiety and made you an introvert.

And when you came to a specific age, they 'pushed' you to go outside and meet someone. You had a hard time understanding your parents. They forced you to stay with them while you were growing up, just like the Disney princess Rapunzel, and now they want you to marry someone.

When did your own parents become so cruel?

You hated yourself and expected everyone hating you, too. The 3 friends you had in total meant the world to you. You loved them to death, and they helped you so much, but you wished you had a special someone you can talk to with the same issues so you wouldn't suffer alone in this world. You knew you needed therapy, told your parents you needed therapy every time. Their answers stayed the same:

"Therapy? What potential issues do you think you have? We gave you everything in this life. If you progressed through the things I did, you would kill yourself. Don't be a baby and appreciate the life your dad and I gave you."

You didn't know what to do. Anxiety managed your own body. You never ate or drank in public, you never used a public bathroom and you busied yourself with your phone so you looked busy and inapproachable.

You never assumed that your anxiety would provoke you the best thing that ever happened to you.

You and Chris met while you emptied your coffee on him whilst you were busy on your phone (or pretending to be busy). In your whole life, you were never more embarrassed. Chris assured you it was not a problem. You suggested him buying a fresh shirt to make you feel better and to show him how sorry you were.

And the rest is history. Now you found yourself in Chris' private plane, with your 3-year-old baby on your lap going to the Maldives. It sounded surreal. After the whole spilling accident, he asked you on a coffee date, trying to make it up to you after wasting your coffee. You couldn't reply for a few seconds. What if he changes his mind? He might want to be friends. What if he's a serial killer? Those ridiculous questions were attacking your brain while you had nothing to dodge them out of your head.

Chris assured you didn't have to say yes if you didn't want to and he understood you wouldn't go out with a stranger. "You're just so pretty. I just want to see how prettier you'll get once I know you." The attacking questions stopped. There was complete silence in your brain. This was the first time someone called you pretty. Your parents never complimented you and your friends told you from time to time, but they were your friends. A random guy just called you pretty, and you didn't know how to react. You did something you've never done. Deciding something without letting your social anxiety decide it for you.