Chapter 1 - A Girl Called Lori

The last few months have been difficult for Kara, and not just because she has had to deal with Crisis, with Oliver Queen sacrificing himself for her and Barry, or because of Lex Luthor coming back to life and trying to become all powerful. The last several months have been difficult for Kara because of Lena. Ever since Lena found out that Kara is Supergirl, the two best friends have been broken apart, and that has been the most difficult thing in the world for Kara. Lena means so much to the super hero, more than any other friend has ever meant to her. So being apart from Lena, and not being able to talk to her every day, and having Lena be against her, teaming up with Lex, has been one of the most difficult, and trying, things Kara has ever had to deal with. But thankfully, that came to an end, and Lena came back to Kara, and the two former best friends teamed up to take down Lex Luthor.

Presently it is a few months after Kara, Lena, and the superfriends took down Lex Luthor, and Lena and Kara began to be friends again. Since then, things have been a little awkward between Kara and Lena, because honestly neither friend really knows how to act around one another anymore. Kara is aware that their whole friendship dynamic has changed, not only because Lena now has to process the fact that Kara is both Kara Danvers and Supergirl, but also because Kara has to deal with the fact that Lena trapped her in kryptonite, and made her scared for her own life. So, the two friends have both found it difficult to get back into things, like they were before, and their lunches and get togethers have not been as easy as before. This has led to Kara having to do a lot of thinking, and evaluating of her friendship with Lena. Kara does know, without a shadow of a doubt, that she wants Lena in her life, no matter what. In fact, Kara knows that she can't handle Lena not being in her life, not again. So, Kara is a bit confused why she can't just go back to being friends with Lena like they were before. Even though Kara still feels weird about Lena having trapped her in kryptonite, Kara doesn't feel that is a big issue. Kara has just really been confused why she can't just slip back into that best friend mode.

After 2 long months of trying, and a lot of thought from Kara, the blonde finally had a thought that led to an epiphany, and completely shattered Kara's world, but not in a bad way. At the time Kara and Lena were having lunch in Lena's office, like they had done so many times before. Lena was telling Kara about a project that El-Corp is working on, and hopes to launch sometime in the next year. However, as Lena was talking to Kara, Kara found that she wasn't paining attention, instead she was just looking at Lena's lips.

"I'd really like to feel those lips against my own." Kara thought.

It took Kara a few moments to realise what she had just thought at the time, but when she did, everything changed for her, and other thoughts started to come through.

"Lena's breasts look really good in this outfit."

"I wonder if Lena likes women?"

"I'd love to go on a date with Lena."

"I bet Lena has an incredible body."

"If we had kids together, how would they look? Would they have Lena's eyes or mine?"

"I really want to see Lena naked."

With all of those thoughts, Kara realised that the reason she couldn't just slip back into being best friends with Lena, is because she doesn't want that, she wants more. Kara realised that she is totally in love with Lena, and that is why everything hurt so much when they fell out with one another. So, in that moment, Kara realised that her world would never be the same again, because she is in love with her best friend.

After Kara's realisation, she was absolutely panicked, as she had no idea what to do with the new information. Kara certainly didn't just want to blurt it out to Lena, because she didn't know how she would react. Even though Kara is now aware of her own feelings, she has no idea how Lena feels about her, or if Lena even likes women. Then Kara definitely didn't want to make their renewed friendship even more awkward if Lena doesn't return her feelings. Kara knows that she would much rather have Lena as a friend, even if it breaks her heart, instead of not having Lena at all if she confesses her feelings and Lena can't be friends with her. However, on top of all of that, Kara knows that she and Lena both promised to one another that they would never keep secrets from each other again, and this is a big secret. So, with all of those thoughts, Kara decided to speak to Alex.