26. Dior

Sofia Zanetti - POV

Sofia Zanetti - POV

"Why are you even here? Couldn't you have Marcello accompany me instead?" I muttered, as we both walked into the Dior store, with two more of his men following behind.

There was a gala this Friday, and I didn't have anything to wear so it gave me a reason to go shopping and do some damage, since I hadn't done so in a long time. I told Lorenzo about it and really was no expecting him to come with me.

It was my first time attending a public event and also as the new woman of the Russo Famiglia so I was pretty nervous.

I was never allowed to attend such events and functions growing up, my father always objected, so I only got to watch my mother dress up in fancy gowns and pearls before she disappeared with my father for the night. I didn't know what to expect, these events were unpredictable. I had heard enough stories growing up, from fights, people being shot, fires and worse, kidnapping. The thought alone made me shudder.

"Marcello can't handle you" Lorenzo replied. True. Over the past couple of weeks I trained daily with Marcello and I could proudly say I was on a winning streak against him now. I mean maybe he was going easy on me but I couldn't tell, he never showed me his true strength. I enjoyed spending time with Marcello, he was like a brother to me, and Lorenzo didn't seem to be threatened by him anymore.

"And you can?" I shot back as my legs took me towards the handbag wall. My guilty pleasure.

After that night in my parents house, I tried to forget about that incident. But it was hard to forget. Never in my twenty one years of existence had I ever experienced something like that. The feel of a mans fingers inside me, as I fell into an oblivion of pleasure. I hated that my body craved it all and more.

This didn't mean I wouldn't get him back for it, I didn't know how just yet but I will. Regardless, our relationship was improving slowly. Our communication was much better, even if a lot of it was snarky remarks and wanting to kill each other. My attraction to Lorenzo was also getting stronger and I couldn't seem to do anything about it. My body failed me terribly whenever he seemed to be around. That throbbing feeling didn't seem to go away.

The shop attendees straightened in the corner as they watched us. I guess all three men, dressed in all black, with the imprint of their guns in their inside pocket was pretty intimidating to the public eye. I had gotten so used to the presence of firearms that I forgot it was a fear to most of the population. Guns and knifes were like toys to the men of the Cosa Nostra. Heck, Sebastians first ever gift from my father was a blade, we hadn't even passed the one month mark after coming out of the womb.

I tried to make it clear to Lorenzo that I would pay for my own stuff and I didn't need his money but he made it pretty clear that he would never let me pay with money that I got my from father, even if I did earn it rightfully. And now that I was married to him, I was only to spend his money.