Chapter 7

The Final Dance

I walk with her to her house and see Sarah and Andie's little brother.

Sarah looks at me and shakes her head at Andie.

"Your school called," Sarah starts.

"I know I said things would be different but-" Andie speaks but is cut off by Sarah.

"I know what happened. No more excuses Andie, I'm sick and tired of this. You're going to your Aunt's in Texas and that's final." Sarah enters the house without another word to Andie.

Andie turns to me. "Go back, I don't want you to get in trouble because of me."

"Andie it's fine-"

"I know how important that school is to you. Just go back and I will catch up with you later." She smiles sadly at me.

I nod and start walking back to MSA and wonder what is going to happen to the group.

************************************************

Chase POV (Surprise)

After hearing what happened to Andie from Tessa I grow angry. I need to talk to my father. I can't let Andie take the fall for this.

I storm into my dad's office and stop right in front of his desk.

"It was my idea,"

"Your idea for what?" dad asks confused.

"To compete in The Streets. If you're gonna throw someone out, it should be me."

"Don't be ridiculous," my dad sits down in his office chair. "I'm not throwing you out. How would that make me look," he mumbled the last part.

He only cares about his image and it's aggravating.

"I'm not about to let her take the fall for this."

"I should have never let her in. It didn't uhh benefit us in any way."

"Not everything we do has to benefit us. Some people, Andie in particular do what they love just because. Isn't that why we started dancing in the first place?"

"Look," my dad starts, "I have a lot to do for the fundraiser and so do you. My decision about Andie is Final. We're done here." He grabs his work bag and exits the room. Leaving me there to sit in my own anger.

**********************************************************

Tessa POV

The next couple of days went by slowly. The crew wouldn't see or talk to each other. At lunch, no one sat where we would all used to sit together. I would eat my lunch in the Art room with Maddy as she talks about shading and how warm colors are better to paint with than cool colors. It's not like I found Maddy annoying. I just missed my crew.

By now almost two weeks have passed and I haven't heard from anyone, Not even Andie. Anytime I would come around her house, Sarah would open the door and tell me that she was busy and to come another time. I just wanted to check up on my friend.

One day at lunch I decide to sit outside. I exit the doors and see members of our broken crew scattered across the courtyard. Still, no one sitting at our old table. Since there were no other open tables I decided to sit under a tree and eat my lunch. Maddy comes at sits by me along with some other people from our art class and starts chatting. I tune out the conversation and scan the courtyard again.

"Who are you looking for?" Maddy asks.

"No one," I answer with a sad smile, and the conversation keeps going like it never missed a beat.