Chapter 26: One More Talk

The many people of the city gathered in a clearing beside the city where a short wooden stage was built for the lords. Rigurd was one of the many people eager to hear and see Demon Lord Milim for themselves and hear what the lords had to say. What was least expected was the sight of the young girl, seated with Lords Rimuru and F/N on the stage, eating a batch of simple honey cookies F/N quickly made while the stage was prepared. Stranger was how relaxed the three appeared, at least to the onlookers who didn't know that both the lords were nervous, wondering if Milim would cause trouble.

"I see you're enjoying the cookies," F/N nonchalantly cleaned her face of the crumbs left from the rapid devouring of the treats. "If you want more then promise you won't resort to violence."

"Hm," Milim was conflicted, "But I have to hurt anyone that looks down on me, to make sure they don't do it again."

"If they're people that are being hostile or that you hate, sure," F/N continued, "However, the people here won't be either. They will realize their mistake, or they'll have to deal with us. Understand what I mean?" He pulled the tray of cookies away from her.

"Okay, I'll leave it to you two then," Milim's agreement was approved when F/N pushed the tray back over to her.

F/N looked around to see how many had gathered then turned to Rimuru, "You have that thing the brothers have been working on?"

Rimuru pulled out a microphone made from magisteel and stood up, "Yup." Holding up the mic, Rimuru's voice loudened to reach the people, "From today on we will have an important guest staying with us, so please treat her with your utmost respect. Now, a word from them."

Milim got up and took the microphone with an excited smile, "I'm Milim Nava! I'll be living here from now on!" Rimuru and F/N looked at each other in a panic.

I thought she said she was just stopping by to say hi?! F/N mentally screamed to Rimuru.

Why are you asking me?! That is what she said! A visit every now and then is one thing, but living here is out of the question! Rimuru screamed back.

"Hey, Milim," F/N stepped forward, "Don't you have duties, you know, as a Demon Lord to take care?"

Rimuru supported the idea, "Yeah, we can't keep you from your responsibilities for too long."

"Why not? It's not like I need to do anything," Milim said without a care. "And I can always check in on them every now and then."

"But..." F/N looked into Milim's blue eyes and asked himself, Do I really want her to go? Sure, the city might be safer if she wasn't around to damage it or the people. But what did I want out of this? He offered a hand to take the mic, to which Milim gave it out of curiosity, "If you wish to stay, then as a friend I won't argue. Make sure you all get along," He had towards the crowd, who applauded and welcomed Milim.

F/N! What are you thinking?! Rimuru asked.

No point in arguing Rimuru, F/N commented back.

"That's right, we're friends, so you can rely on me if anything comes up!" Milim cheered, waving to the crowd.

Rimuru paused for a moment, "Friends, huh?"

"Speaking of," F/N added, "I need to visit him later if you don't mind."

Milim, a little in her own world, "Rather than friends... we're best friends!"

Rimuru became nervous, "Um, best is a bit-"

Milim's eyes sharpened, a fist clenched, but her expression became shocked, "Was I wrong?"