CHAPTER 43. Make Me Scream

This chapter will contain mature content ;)

I kicked my legs back and forth, staring curiously at the odd werewolves talking amongst themselves, coming out of the woods.

They paused, seeing me watching them from my perch on a large rock. One of the men in the front, who seemed like their leader, moved forward and came under the moon light.

His gray eyes met my glassy ones. "Hi," I said sleepily and slowly tilted my head to the side.

He smiled. "Little dragon," he inclined his head and watched me gaze off into the woods. "Have you seen a werewolf around? He seems to have run from home and," he paused and I gazed at him again. "I followed his trail here,"

A dreamy smile came to my lips. "Shade,"

Another one of the wolves, this one with red hair nodded. "Yes, Shade, is here still here by chance?"

I frowned and kicked my feet back and forth, feeling the urge to be stubborn and difficult. Or... perhaps I wanted to go back to bed?

What did I want? Why was I out here again? I gazed at my right hand and felt a soft sigh leave my mouth.

"Names?" I asked, lifting both of my feet into the air before letting them fall back against the rock. I did this again, watching how my legs hit the rock.

"Ryuk," the one who first spoke told me, and I covered my mouth.

"That's a silly name," I breathed, feeling light headed.

"I'm Shawn, and this is Cael," the redhead said and gestured to a strong looking man. The last one gazed at me curiously, his brown eyes bright.

"Liam," he told me shortly. Ryuk drew my attention when he took another step closer. "What's a-"

"The fuck are you doing on our property?" Cross hissed and suddenly all of the vampire but Fallon showed up on the scene.

A frown filled my face when Lion attempted to grab my wrist. I pulled out of his reach and stood on the large rock that had me towering over everyone.

"Looking for our... friend, turns out he's not here anymore." Shawn said coldly and Ryuk sent a sly smile to Cross.

"What's a group of vampires doing with a dragon girl?" His words made Nicholas narrow his eyes at the werewolves.

"That's none of your business, I suggest you leave," he told them firmly.

"But they only just got here," my airy words had the vampires gazing at me in shock while Ryuk looked amused.

"Raven, get down, you're going to hurt yourself," River offered me a hand, but I ignored it and stepped back a little with a small shake of my head.

"Raven, that's a cute name," Ryuk said, and Lion seethed.

"The fuck does it matter to you? We don't have your little friend, he's getting fuc-"

"Lion," Dune interrupted hastily and shot him the side eye. I paused and looked into the woods, seeing a black shadow hovering over a bush.

I stared and touched my heart, stunned when I felt it began to race. I didn't like that, I didn't want to feel scared. I didn't want to feel-

"What do you see?" Ryuk asked with interest, making all bickering cease.

"What the hell are you asking that for?" Cross snapped in irritation.

"Shut up, don't you know anything about dragons?" Liam said and shot Cross a look. Ryuk took a step towards me, but paused when Nicholas growled a warning.