Chapter 31 - No place like home...

"Don't fuck me up, don't let me downYou know I wanna be aroundYou tug-n-warrin' with my heartDidn't think it'd ever be so hardCrazy I'm lettin' down my guard"

You know I wanna be around
You tug-n-warrin' with my heart
Didn't think it'd ever be so hard
Crazy I'm lettin' down my guard"

- Ella Mai - DFMU

EMPRESS

"Baby," JongWoo called but Empress stayed silent as she stared out the window.

She knew it was too good for it all to be true, the money, the estates, and the letter from her father saying he was sorry.

Because if he was he would have never sold her.

And Alissa, she couldn't believe it. She let down her guard for that girl and this is how she gets repaid.

Empress bit her bottom lip as she shook her head in disbelief. The way Alissa would smile in her face always egging her to tell her about her business was just so she could report back to her father.

She was never her friend because of true intentions but because she was paid to.

Some would say Empress exaggerated but it took months for Empress to open up to Alissa and it was in those months Empress considered Alissa to be her solid ground.

Someone who she could lean on and confide in when she thought about her mother and felt down.

She sighed again wondering...

She looked over to JongWoo whose jaw clenched as he stared out to the road.

Her nostrils flare as she looked at him.

Did he know?

"JongWoo," she called as he raised a brow in her direction.

"Did you know?" She queried JongWoo and took a deep breath before pulling over.

He turned his body more towards Empress after placing the car in park.

"No, Empress I had no clue if I did I would've let the old man-"

"What about Alissa?" She interrupted

"I didn't know, trust me"

"I don't want to be here," Empress interrupted as JongWoo nodded.

"No, I don't want to be here at all. I wanna go home, back to my house, my mother's house." She expressed.

JongWoo stayed silent as he looked at Empress trying to figure out what was going through her head.