004. dead people walking

❛ ━━━━━━・ ❪ ☆ ❫ ・━━━━━━ ❜

ELEANOR HAD BECOME a part of the team that was Bobby, Dean and Sam. She had never really known what it was like to have a big family. It had always been just her and her mother. She also had no idea what living with three boys was like. They were extremely messy. Still, she loved it. Having Dean around, alive, was something she still couldn't believe was real life and Bobby was quickly becoming something of a father figure to her. She'd never had that before. Maybe that was why she had become so fond of the old man. He had taken her under his wing like he had with her brothers and Eleanor would forever be grateful.

Eleanor sat on Bobby's couch working on school assignments while Bobby researched and her brothers argued. She had switched to online classes after being convinced by Sam and Dean to keep up with her schooling. Maybe she wouldn't be a doctor, but the medical knowledge would be helpful on hunts.

      As hard as she tried, Eleanor couldn't focus on her school work. Especially with her brothers acting like children. She sets aside her laptop, temporarily quitting the task at hand. This was way more entertaining anyway.

"Well, then tell me what else it could be," Sam argues.

"Look, all I know is I was not groped by an angel."

"What reason would Castiel have to lie?" Eleanor asks, inserting herself into the conversation.

Dean shrugs. "He could be a demon. Demons lie." At Dean's words, Bobby looks up from the book he was reading.

"A demon who's immune to salt rounds and devil's traps and Ruby's knife? Dean, Lilith is scared of that thing!" Sam fires back.

"Don't you think that if angels were real, that some hunter somewhere would have seen one at some point, ever?" Dean argues.

"I mean, we saw one, Dean," Eleanor points out.

"I'm trying to come up with a theory here. Okay? Work with me."

"But we have a theory," Eleanor reminds him.

Dean rolls his eyes. "Yeah, one with a little less fairy dust on it, please."

"No one is saying we know for sure. We're saying that we -"

"Okay, okay. That's the point," Dean says, cutting her off. "We don't know for sure, so I'm not gonna believe that this thing is a freaking Angel of the Lord because it says so!"