Chapter 13

Ruichiro was practically shaking in excitement when he saw the traveller. Everything was falling into place as planned.

"Rui, calm down. They might get suspicious." Ichiro tried to calm him down.

Ruichiro silently took a big breath and slightly calmed down, but the adrenaline he was feeling was still there.

"... And once it was over, I brought them straight here." Kaeya explained.

Ruichiro wasn't even paying attention and hadn't been listening to Kaeya, not that he needed to anyway.

Jean thought for a moment before facing the traveller. "Mondstadt welcomes you, windborne travellers." She greeted them but as Ruichiro observed the traveller's appearance she didn't seem to contain a vision nor does her companion.

"How curious." Ichiro muttered.

"I am Jean, Acting Grandmaster of the Knights of Favonius. This is Lisa, our resident Librarian," Jean gestured to Lisa before gesturing to Ruichiro. "And this is Ruichiro, one of the top adventurers of the Adventurer's Guild." She introduced them.

Lisa chuckled. "Oh! Are you sweeties here to help us out?" She asked teasingly. "You're both so adorable!"

Lis then sighed. "Sadly, the timing is regrettable. Stormterror has caused quite a ruckus in the region since its recent resurgence. Simply put, Mondstadt's elemental sphere and ley lines are now akin to a yarn ball in the paws of a kitten. For a mage, it couldn't get much worse. My skin is one particle away from a full-blown breakout." She sighed.

Jean sighed. "If it weren't for this interference, the Knights of Favonius would have better ways to help you than just putting up missing person posters. We simply ask that you repose in Monstadt while we help you seek out your sister."

"I really should help out." The traveller insisted. "Paimon will help too!" Her companion exclaimed.

Ruichiro smiled softly at the duo but couldn't help but gaze at the traveller's companion. They were sensing a unique divine aura from the small entity but couldn't identify it.

Kaeya nodded. "Good. In that case, we need a plan."

"Well, with Stormterror now directly attacking Mondstadt, we may have an opportunity to cut this problem off at the source." Ruichiro suggested as Jean nodded in agreement.

"Lisa has revealed the sources of Stormterror's power with her detection magic." Jean explained.

"Is that so?" Kaeya asked thoughtfully as Lisa nodded. "They're located in the abandoned Four Winds' Temples. Stormterror's ability to whip up these kinds of storms can be attributed to it drawing power from the temples." She explained.

"Our objective is to deal with three of the four temples. I trust everyone undestands why we are only dealing with three." Jean told them as everyone except for Paimon and the traveller.

"Paimon doesn't." The flying creature said. "We'll ask later." The traveller whispered.

"Knights of Favonius, time is against us. The storm is rampant. There is no point in maintaining a defensive position." Jean declared.

Ruichiro nodded. "Alright. We'll need to take initiative and act before the situation escalates." Ruichiro said as he stood up.

As the other got out of the office, Ruichiro stayed back for a little while and approached Jean.

"Jean, I'll be gathering more information in the Guild and see if I can get more travellers to help with the situation." Ruichiro informed her.

Jean nodded. "Alright. Thank you for your help, Rui." She said as Ruichiro flashed her a bright smile. "No problem." He said before finally leaving.

Lucky for them, when Ruichiro stepped out of the Headquarters, the traveller and her companion were still outside talking.

"Traveller!" Ruichiro called out as he waved at them when they turned to him. He ran up to them.

"Apologies for not being able to introduce myself formally earlier, I was... In my own world, with everything happening." Ruichiro said with a smile.

"It's alright, I'm Lumine and this is my emergency food, Paimon." She said as she held out her hand which Ruichiro immediately took and shook.

"Again, Paimon is not emergency food!" Paimon exclaimed as she stomped in frustration.

Ruichiro chuckled. "I'm Ruichiro. I'm a traveller from afar and have been currently staying here in Mondstadt for a couple of months." He said as Lumine nodded.

"Well, then I should leave you to whatever you're about to do, if you need anything from me, just ask the Adventurers' Guild, they should know where I am." Ruichiro said.

"We'll surely do." Lumine said as she looked at the hyperactive man in front of her. "Well then, I still have to gather information for the Acting Grandmaster. See you around!" Ruichiro winked before jogging away to Katheryne who had his things and equipments ready for him.

"He's a very weird guy don't you think?" Paimon asked the traveller beside her who was still staring at where Ruichiro had ran off to.

"Yeah..." Lumine trailed off. Paimon sighed and shook her head.

"Anyway, let's go to one of the temples that Master Jean told us about and help out!" Paimon told her as she led the way with the traveller following closely behind her.

Inside the Goth Grand Hotel, Ruichiro was wrapping bandages around his neck.

"Done?" Ichiro asked him.

Ruichiro nodded. "Yeah." He said as he gave control to Ichiro as the body grew taller and transformed into Ichiro's appearance.

Ichiro clicked his tongue as he saw a bit of the black marks on his neck going past the wrapped bandages. He opened a nearby desk cabinet and pulled out a roll of bandages and covered the marks as he sighed and pulled up his turtleneck.

Once he was finished, he cleaned up and looked at himself one last time on the mirror before sitting down on his desk and picking up the already opened letter that had the Fatui's symbol

"So it seems that everything is in order then?" Ruichiro said as he reread the contents of the letter.

Ichiro hummed in agreement. "It seems that it is. Now, all we need to do is make the final arrangements and execute it. For the greater future of the children of Teyvat." He said as he stared at the last sentence of the letter. The Tsaritsa's and his motto.

"For the greater future of the children of Teyvat."