Northern lights

She hates, hates, hates how an argument leaves her. She hates how it makes her heart ache. She thought this ache and longing in her chest was a thing of the past.

But Mina, Mina is gone to Japan. And she's received nothing but radio silence for two days.

For forty eight hours. Forty painful hours.

She punches the bag before her hard.

One of their make out sessions had gotten out of hand, and just as Mina was about to slip her fingers inside her underwear Momo had texted her she's on the way home.

Panicking, she's shoved the younger girl outside her room, made her bed in a rush and made herself look presentable.

Only when Momo is inside the dorm with them she had noticed the pained look in Mina's eyes.

"Minayah, stop." She wraps her hand around the younger girl's wrist. "What did I do?"

"You threw me out after I just had my hand between your legs." The younger girl's voice breaks, eyes beautiful and pained. "I know we're just having a casual fling, but try not to treat me like a whore Nayeon-ssi. Try not to be ashamed of me."

It's not the first time she's seen the Japanese girl cry, but it's the first time she has to live with the fact that she is one who made her cry. Nayeon feels her heart throb when she remembers eyes that were red and full to the brim with overflowing tears.

It's the look of absolute heartbreak and despair that makes her resolve stronger.

Mina deserves the world and she's going to try and give her that.

( She doesn't realize that she, she is the younger girl's world. )

"Mina." She's desperate as she corners the Japanese girl in the kitchen. She had tried and given her space after she came back. But after a whole week of putting up with awkward glances and zero communication, she's lost her willpower to wait.

"I have to get these drinks to the other girls." Mina tries to side step her, but Nayeon takes the tray from her hand and deposits it on the counter gently.

The younger girl lets out a soft sigh, shakes her head and moves around her.

"Mina, please just hear me out once." Her voice is raised now as she catches Mina's wrist and tugs the younger girl into her arms. "Please just listen to me."

"The girls could walk in any minute." Mina warns in a stern voice as she tries to push her away with a hand to her chest.

"I don't care. I'm not ashamed of you, of us. I just panicked and acted without thinking."

Mina stills in her arms. Something flashes in her eyes that makes Nayeon's heart drop.

"This, this is not going to work."

Nayeon's chin trembles, and for a moment she says nothing.

"Are you breaking up with me?"

The younger girl sucks in a deep breath, "What, no." She rushes, her eyes widening a little like she's just realised something.

Nayeon is so relieved at the words that she fails to see that in order to break up with someone, she needs to be in a relationship with them, that a part of her has subconsciously acknowledged that this isn't casual dating anymore.

"I-I meant this as in here, with the members around, is not going to work. That we needed to have the conversation later, somewhere private."

She exhales shakily. "So you're not getting rid of me?" She asks hopefully, a vulnerability in her hesitant smile.

"Can't. Won't."

It's the first time in a week that Nayeon's heart feels close to being whole, like it's not cracked in tiny little pieces.

It's accidental how the members get to know. Well not really an accident the way she pulls Mina into her lap. It's an intentional move, something the couple of beers and the short enticing dress the younger girl is wearing makes her do.

"God, you're beautiful." Before Mina realises what's happening, she places her hands on either side of her face and presses their lips together.

She doesn't notice the loud chatter in the living room dying down.

She doesn't notice Mina freezing in her arms, and not kissing her back.

She only realises two things when she cradles her head on the younger girl's neck, nuzzling the soft skin there as she hums with delight.

-a smack on the back of her head.

"Yahhh, get a room."

- and Jeongyeon whining at the top of her voice.

"Do you regret it?" Mina asks, a familiar pang of hurt flashing in her eyes that unsettles Nayeon.

"I might have been drunk, but if I could do things again.." She pauses, cupping the Japanese girl's incredibly soft cheeks in her hands and lets the silence linger between them for a moment.

"I'll still do you."

Mina's laughter is so light and carefree, all gummy and bright, and if Nayeon wasn't certain this morning how she felt about the members knowing, she knows for sure now, that she really doesn't care. In fact, she thinks with a hint of pride, she kind of wants the whole world to know that she is the one who can make such beautiful smiles blossom on the younger girl's dazzling face.

She gets a shovel talk from Jihyo later that day. Sana pleads her not to hurt Mina. The other members either don't care or have known for a long time.

And Nayeon is really happy. Happy on the days Mina stays over, hands wandering, kisses heavy until she wills herself to slow down, reminding herself Mina is not ready. Happy on the days when she's holding her in her arms, cuddled together on the couch, and paying no attention to the television, preferring to spend her time memorising every single detail about Mina's stunning face.

Happy on the days she mulls over the fact that out of the hundreds of thousands of people who'd lose their limb to be with Mina, out of seven other wonderful members, has chosen her to fall in love with.

Today, is one of those days.

Her smile is wide as she sways on the sofa.

"You're drunk." Mina chuckles softly, dropping a tray of sandwiches on the coffee table before them, brushing shoulders with her.

"I'm drunk." She begins with a cheeky glint in her eyes and proceeds to sing loudly 'in you'.

She ignores the members making gagging sounds as she finds herself completely captivated by the way a deep colour blooms to Mina's stunning face.