SEVEN

Raising her tea cup, Odette took a sip out of the drink inside of it. Leaning against the chair she was seated upon, she placed the tea cup down and took a bite out of her pie.

Her life at this time period was more or less boring. Odette did not have any playmates due to courtesy of the rumors flying around Albinius Family.

However, that did not bother her that much. Odette did not take herself to be the type who would enjoy talking about fashion and playing with dolls.

The seven year old self in her previous life might have felt lonely due to lack of companions, but the current her did not care about that. As long as she wanted, anyone could be her companion whether or not they liked it.

Raising her line of sight, Odette stared at the maid standing before. It was the same maid that have served her earlier, and she recalled her name to be Mereille.

She had no interest in learning her name, knowing that she will be disposed very soon. It was one of those things she had caught on her way here.

Odette stared at the other maids beside her and flashed them a small smile. All of them were placed by her father in order to keep an eye on her.

Her father loved having control, and being controlled was not something Odette preferred. The seven year old self in her previous life might have not much problem with that, but current self felt suffocated at that.

Almost everyone was planted around her in order to let her father know of her situation, and they might create a disturbance in Odette's fun.

Sooner or later, she must try to take care of them or else she will be missing out lot of fun; that was not something she would be able to afford.

Unfortunately, her resources were limited. In order to expand it, she was required to think and plot more— something she considered to be troublesome.

As Odette took a sip out of the cup before her, the corner of her lips curved up when she noticed a figure approaching them.

When the man stopped before her, she enunciated, "Sir Nicholas."

Nicholas Terentius was her instructor, and although he was a knight under the command of the emperor, he was a very close friend of her father's. However, at the end, Nicholas got betrayed by her father, and that pushed him to his death.

Her father was cruel man. However, it was Nicholas' fault for trusting a man like her father regardless of whether or not he owed him in the past. Only fools would trust her father, and the fools did not survive for long.

"Lady Odette, how have you been?" he questioned courteously.

A sparkle appeared in her eyes while she curved her lips to form a wide smile and answered, "I have been fine. Are you here for training me today?"

"Yes, Lady Odette. Today is the day for the evaluation, and I have personally come to pick you up. Your siblings are already present at the ground, and today, your father will be watching," Nicholas explained.

"That is nerve-wracking certainly," Odette vocalised while her face showed terror.

Having gone through multiple evaluations, Odette certainly didn't feel anxious about them. The final result is easily predictable by her.

"Lady Odette, there is nothing for to fear. I have personally overseen your training, and you are more than capable," he spoke out, "Duke Albinius was right to put you in high regard."

Nicholas genuinely cared for her and pitied her. It was difficult for someone like her to receive such emotions from a person, and that's why, she found the man being more or less amusing.

She did not understand why would he possess such emotions towards someone like her— who was destined to become exactly like father.

Odette did not find herself being all that similar to her father, but it was the illusion everyone had of her. Everyone took her to be as much of a monster like her father, and she did not correct them on that.

After all, no matter how different from her father she was, she was a monster. At the end of the day, she was not the innocent or the pitiful one.

Maybe if Nicholas was pleasing enough in this life of hers, she would try to save him from his death.