NINE

Even though the fight brought no interest to her, she wore an excited expression on her face while she watched everything go on before her.

The fear were shown on those who were unable to finish the fight, and as for the ones who rose in a rank, bright smiles were upon their faces.

Odette did not attempt to count the time that had passed. The one that ranked third finished his fight, and it seemed that he had won.

With a victorious grin on his face, he made his way towards Odette. The blade of the sword appeared quite sharp, and although those of their age preferred to use wooden sword, that did not bring pleasure to be father.

He did not find that exciting enough, taking in how there was no blood spill, and the pain in those fights were too less for him.

Edmund Albinius walked towards her and made a polite bow. The cocky expression on his face displayed his confidence, and Odette guessed that he had put more effort into training.

Nevertheless, that did not bother Odette.

Getting up from her chair, she flashed her brother a challenging wide smile— something unexpected for her age— and bowed at him. Although she appeared to be a harmless child, there was an intimidating air let out by her.

Odette spoke out, "Brother, I hope to have a pleasant fight."

Surprisingly, chill went down his back. Even though Edmund had heard of the girl's strength, he did not put much importance into that. One could easily see how heavy and tall he was compared to her.

Although he had lost to her before, he believed that was because he had let his guard down too much and went easy on her. However, this time around, he had put in extra effort into training, and he was confident that he would be able to beat her.

His intentions was clearly seen on his face, and the smug expression on his face was something Odette took to be foolish. There was most definitely a reason she occupied the second rank the entire time, and the boy was getting too ahead of himself.

A maid walked forward, and held within her hand was the usual sword that she used for evaluation.

Extending her hand towards the maid, she took the sword from her hand and examined it. She ran her hand through the blade of the sword and pursed both of her lips together.

Even though the blade was not that sharp or suited to her taste, she knew that this would be enough to defeat Edmund. Maybe once this was over, she should ask her father for a new sword.

She was too young apparently to get her favourite sword, and therefore, she had to stick with something more or less close to that. The current sword displeased her too much, and in the long term, its blade will barely be able to make a cut.

"Is something matter with that sword?" Edmund questioned.

Wearing a smile on her face, she shook her head and said, "No, the sword is alright. I am just thinking about what moves to make on you. Please make sure to not go easy on me, Brother."