TEN

Odette mentally shook her head at her brother.

The smug expression he had put on earlier disappeared completely, and the exhausting was easily shown on his features.

Fighting against him was extremely easily. He barely had skills yet he dared to hold such high expectations towards himself.

He targeted his sword at her multiple number of times, but Odette dodged every one of those moves. Without lifting her sword once, she was on the verge of getting him to give up.

The extreme anger and provocation brought to him through her actions wasn't of any use without any strength to shops that. They only caused him to make more useless moves.

When only around thirty seconds were left in that ten minutes, Odette raised the sword in bed hand swiftly and pressed it against her brother's neck with a smile on her face.

As the sharp blade made contact against his neck, blood flowed out from the wound, colouring her silver blade red, and Edmund's eyes widened.

This fight was boring to her, and there was no thrill to it. One who Odette really desired to fight against was Adrian— not this version but the grown up version of his.

Too bad, she never had the chance to properly fight against him before her life came into an end. It was indeed too pitiful. Maybe if she got the chance this time, she would fight him to death this time around. The thought of that made her excited.

As she applied slightly more force to that sword of hers, Edmund instantly fell on his knees and said, "I submit. You have won, Odette."

Pulling her sword back, Odette innocently stared at him while she, with a shake of her head, commented, "You are too weak, Brother! You have disappointed me."

The ridicule in her tone was clear as day.

Her father stared at her and clapped both of his hands together. His face showed how content he was with her.

"Good job, Odette. It appeared that you have improved. As for you, you were horrible. Appropriate punishment will be given to you for slacking off. This was a terrible performance from you!" Damian expressed loudly.

Edmund stood up on his foot and stared at the ground silently. His eyes clearly displayed how disheartened he was by the result.

However, that was none of her business. Maybe she had the unfair advantage over him. However, at the end of the day, luckiest one survived.

She made her way to Richard and made a polite bow at him. The expression on his face was softer and gentler than most of the children at this family, and Odette could see how genuine that was.

However, he had his smartness to back him up. Although his personality was easygoing and he easily trusted, his intelligence helped him to avoid dangerous situation.

He was truly an admirable figure, but in her eyes, he did not yet hold a candle to Adrian.

"Brother Richard," she enunciated.

Standing up from his place, he flashed her a wide smile and vocalised, "That was an impressive fight, Odette! I am really eager to do this with you!"

"Likewise, Brother Richard. Although I am not that skilled compared to you, I am looking forward to this and hoping to learn from you."