TWENTY-FOUR

The Prison Guard could merely stare at Odette with unadulterated horror. His ashen features showed that off. No words left his mouth. He was on the verge of collapsing.

Odette clicked her tongue in annoyance.

"It irritates me when ones doesn't answer my question. I did wish to make matters easy for you, but what to do? I am mad now," Odette expressed in a helpless tone as she moved away the knife.

Then, her eyes turned cold, and she ordered, "Throw him in the snake's den after removing those organs off him. And yes, do make sure he is naked. After all, he needs to feel his punishment well."

Snake's den was the name for one of her father's treasure. There was a collection of various sorts of snakes inside, and all of them had their poison gland taken out. The torture one would receive at such a place was unimaginable.

Once her words fell, a figure appeared from the shadows and bowed at her before saying, "I understand, Lady Odette."

This was directly announcing about a death penalty. Those eyes of the Prison Guard stared at Odette with loathe. Knowing that his end would be death no matter what, courage grew inside him.

Taking out the knife from his pocket, he directed it towards Odette, aiming for her chest. In his opinion, he didn't deserve this cruel punishment. After all, what he did was merely follow the orders, and these occurrences were common in the Albinius prison.

How could have he know that Odette holds the slave dear?

His motion did not go unnoticed by Odette. It would be shameful for her if she failed to avoid such a flawed attack. She merely hopped back.

The man standing behind her grabbed the hand of Prison Guard and seized him. The struggling of the Guard was of no use against the strength used.

Odette waved her hand.

"I am feeling nauseated now. Take him away," She commanded.

The Prison Guard's eyes were bloodshot, and all the terror had transformed to rage. He began to curse profanities at her. However, Odette found them to be boring.

She had heard a lot worse in her last life. That's why, these weak ones didn't impress her.

The man placed his hand on the Prison Guard's mouth to shut him up prior to dragging him away. Odette didn't miss the fear that crossed through his eyes before he disappeared with the Prison Guard.

Then, facing the injured boy laying on the ground helplessly, she walked over to him and bent down to his height.

Feeling upset by how that beautiful face of his was hurt, Odette extended her hand and grabbed on to his face. Noticing his partially open eyes, it seemed that he hadn't lost his consciousness yet.

This brought both shock and amusement to her.

He seemed more strong-willed and had more perseverance than she had originally presumed. That really impressed her. As expected, Adrian was truly extraordinary.

"Y-You came. I-I k-knew you would come to save me," He managed to stutter out before letting out a couple of dry coughs.

After those words left his mouth, Adrian lost his consciousness, and instinctively, Odette forwarded her hand to hold on to him. That expression of his affected her.

This was the first time someone held hopes towards her to save them and had shown such pure gratefulness. Odette was never looked at as a savior.

Was he truly for afraid of her after hearing all that she said?