sixty six

~~~

~~~

the Pogues were now on their way back to the church as Pope was driving which everyone was nervous about since he was still very out of it from the medicine Ricky had given him.

"uh, Pope, you're driving pretty fast." Sarah told Pope who was speeding.

Pope cheered loudly as Caroline turned to Sarah nervously.

"Pope, last to judge, but i think you should slow down just a little." JJ spoke up.

"that would definitely delay our arrival to the cross. we gotta get there." Pope told his friends.

"why did we let him drive again?" Kie turned her head to the four in the back seat.

"because i said i'd rip your ears off." Pope quickly answered.

"because he said he'd rip our ears off." Caroline and Sarah said at the same time.

"you did say that." Kie added.

"i was joking about that, by the way." Pope told his friends.

"i like my ears." Caroline covered them slightly.

"that's a really funny joke." Kie laughed nervously.

"hey, hey, how ya feeling, buddy? how ya doing?" John B asked him patting his shoulder. 

"uh, fantastic. i don't know what JJ's cousin gave me, but i am moving!" Pope said confidently.

"we couldn't tell." Kie added.

"okay, well, um, you're going really fast right now. so maybe just slow down a little, P." Caroline told Pope as JJ started fighting with the seatbelt.

"yeah, really fast." John B added as Pope turned around facing them.

everyone yelled Pope's name to turn around as the car started swerving side to side which made Pope quickly turn around.

"i don't know if you noticed, but there's these giant oak trees all along the road. they're like six inches off the road." John B pointed to the trees as Pope started to speed up more.

"woah, woah!" JJ yelled gripping onto Caroline.

"you don't need to pass. you don't need to pass. you don't need to pass." Kiara shouted repeatedly.

everyone screamed as Pope speed up passing a car and swerving away from another car.

"forget my ears, i'm never letting him drive again." Caroline held onto JJ and Sarah tightly.

"what an asshole, right?" Pope turned to Kiara.

"Pope, he's going the speed limit." Kiara breathed out.

"we're not gonna get the cross if we're dead, Pope!" John B told the boy who turned around again

"we're not gonna die. it's our divine right to get that cross."