MAHA SABHA

YURANI ALEKHYA

I woke up to continuous knocking. I groaned. I got up and looked out of my window. Sun had not risen yet. After yesterday's ordeal I and Ayudhik got ourself drunk and now my head is paying the price. The knocking had not stopped but the shoutings are added to it. I got up and thrown open the door. Ready to lash out on the person disturbing my sleep. "Who in seven hells is knocking on door this early ?" I shouted at the people standing there or I can call ladies. All ladies from prominent families are gathered there. Only Ayudhik is immune to it till now. I kept my hands on my waist glaring at them with my cold stare. They all froze on there places.

"Why all of the nobel ladies are here ?" I asked arching a eyebrow. "Hmm... That..." One of the lady started speaking. "I don't have all day Hirita ji." I said now crossing my hands over my chest. "We thought whether you will like to join us for puja in temple." Puniti ji replied. "Why not ? I will be out in no time." I said as I did my morning routine and readied to go to temple in a yellow colour navari. I took the puja plate from one of the maid and marched towards the entrance of my palace. All ladies are standing there waiting for me. "Thanks for inviting me." I said to no one in particular.

"It's Sumitra's idea for a morning puja at Shiv Parvati temple." Punita ji whispered in my ear. "Look like she is not satisfied in yesterday's gathering." I replied back. "True. They are hell bend on destroying your reputation and power authority." I nodded in her agreement. In no time we reached the temple. It is their before the fort was built. It is surrounded by high granite walks and steps. "Yurani why don't you take a bath in the sacred pond behind the temple. For your well being." Sumitra said with a fake smile. She had schemed something. I gave a suitable reply before going back towards the sacred pond. Other ladies following me. I took a look over the water surface. Nothing out of ordinary. I removed my upper shawl which we generally wear will going out. I was left in my dhoti and blouse. I heard several loud gasps from behind.

So this is what her intentions are all a long. She wanted to make me feel inferior due to my scars. Bad move. I gracefully went inside the pond and took deep dips and emerged from the water. The smooth water gliding over my skin like silk. The light orange hue in background combined with the chirping of birds is soothing. I had took out each and every ornament I had except the hexagonal ring Jai gave me. It's special. I came out of pond. My light yellow dress sticking to my skin. My back was almost bare due to which the ladies are able to see the scars of burnt iron as well as the whipping along with numerous scars of knifes and daggers. But two wide gashes stood out. The scars I got while fighting the traitors.

We went to the changing room and I redressed myself. As we are going back one of the lady who I think Madhumalti asked me. "Yurani. I am sorry for impudence. But how you got those scars." I had expected this question long back. "Life is like a bed of roses Madhumalti ji. If there are flowers the thorns are also present. This are given by those thorns who are hidden among the bouquet of our kingdom. Some are still present but not for long. As soon as the thorns are out of the bouquet. Everyone will leave in peace." I said in a cryptic way. "I am amazed Yurani along with warfare you have good knowledge of politics as well." Puniti ji praised me.

As soon we reached the Sangeet Mahal's palace gate I found a very worried looking Karan pacing infront of the entrance and Ayudhik leaning casually leaning against the gates eating a apple. "Yurani can we have a minute talk." Karan asked as soon as he saw me. The ladies took this cue and excused themselves. "Megha ran away from Megh palace." I know this time will come once. "When did you found out ?" I asked. "Today morning. I had already dispatched units to look for her." I raised my hands to stop him. "It's useless. She will be half way now. Keep a eye on Dalpatdargh. She will definitely go there." I said. She is also trained like us. "Our infiltrators had already infiltrated their court." I nodded. "Meet me in Maharaj's meeting room along with Vijay ji and Vinay ji. And call Devant Bhanusara ji also. We have a war to plan." I said as I marched off to my chambers to change my outfit.