01 ❀ In Which She Meets Him

"I CANT BELIVE WE'RE GOING TO Hogwarts!" Exclaimed an eleven year old Bryony Evans sitting in a compartment of the Hogwarts Express with her elder fraternal twin sister, Lily and her friend, Severus Snape, who was clearly tolerating Bryony only because she was Lily's sister.

   Bryony Rose Evans, another girl named after a flower in the Evans family, was the third and youngest daughter to her parents. An absolute extrovert and fun loving girl. She shared the same red hair like her twin sister, except hers were wavy-curly.

   Her eyes, again bright green just like her sister, but still there was a hell lot of difference between them. Lily had a clear face while Bryony's face was adorned with her tiny light freckles spread across her nose and cheeks. Seeing her, Lily always wished to have freckles just like her sister.

   Until last month both the girls had no idea of an existing wizarding world, but when a stern looking lady who was also a cat, when Bryony watched her leave out of everyone's sight, came and told the two twin girls that they were witches!

   But unfortunately, the happy news turned into a sad one when Petunia Evans started fighting with her younger sisters calling both of them 'freak'. Lily was the one who cried multiple times due to the hate she recieved from her elder sister meanwhile Bryony was the one who had a record of breaking Petunia's jaw two times.

   Lily was kind and sweet, and Bryony was kind and sassy. Both sisters were golden hearted and extremely humble, it was just Bryony who sometimes dropped her humbleness at home and her sharp tongue added to her personality like a cheery on cake.

   In short Bryony was just a free wild girl, she loved her family the most Petunia included, she loved dancing, and she loved putting people in their place as well, that, infact, was her favourite hobby.

    Right now Lily giggled at Bryony's excitement and turned to her seemingly grumpy friend, "You know Sev, because of today Beenie didnt sleep all night yesterday."

   "I can see that," Severus comment in monotone watching Bryony yawn very loudly much to his likeness. Everything was going fine until two trouble makers decided to intrude in their peace.

   "I am James Potter," A boy with round glasses and messy black hair introduced himself to Lily Evans extending his hand out for her which she took reluctantly introducing herself.

   "And I am Sirius Black, lovely to meet you," A boy with curly shoulder length hair and striking grey eyes extended his hand in Bryony's direction which she took fondly because just in one sight she found the boy really attractive but that was until the boy arrogantly brought her hand to his mouth softly pecking it.

   "Hey! Watch you mouth Black!" Bryony exclaimed hotly prying her hand out of his grip but he didnt bulge, instead he kept smirking at her admirably, "I'd rather watch you, Evans."

   Meanwhile Severus Snape wanted to throw the two boys out of their compartment. Both the red head girls were being annoyed by the two intruders. Lily was the one who didnt bother replying to whatever the Potter boy fussed about whereas Bryony was giving equally arrogant replies to Sirius Black.

   "So what if you and I get sorted in the same house?" He asked out of the blue and her face scrunched up in annoyance, "Then I'll try to avoid you the way I am doing right now."

   His lips pulled up in a smirk, "But you aren't avoiding me, Brie."

   Did he just give her a nickname? Seems like it.

   "Why are you calling me that?" Bryony squinted her eyes at him, he just shrugged charmingly saying, "I want to address you in a special manner, and I dont think its any harm."

   Bryony just shook her head at him. She tried to tie her open hair by pulling out a rubber band from her pocket but was stopped in mid way but the annoying boy sitting in front of her, "Dont. Please let them open."

   "Why?" She asked with a groan not used to of many people intruding her in every while, he simply smiled lightly, "Because you look prettier that way."

   "Okay Mr. Black, you can leave now." Bryony stated sternly folding her arms, earning an offended look from him, "I dont like flirts, so please get out and take your annoying company with yourself too."

   "Yes please," Lily added groaning causing James Potter to gawk at her. Sirius stood up with an unreadable look that seemed to hurt Bryony a little, she didnt know why. Was she too harsh on him?

   She was just pitying the boy leaving her compartment until he stopped at the gate of the compartment and turned to glance at her for one last time of the while.

   "Will see you at the sorting, Brie." He winked with a charming smile and left her with a clenched jaw and annoyed look. But wait— he has a gorgeous smile.

***

"Bryony Evans!" Professor Mcgonnacal called and Bryony could but do a little victory dance on her name being called after ages. Lily got sorted into Gryffindor hurting the sentiments and hopes of her now slytherin friend, whom Bryony didnt like much, to be honest.

   With the hat being placed on the top of her head by the woman, Bryony waited for the hat to yell out her house and she hoped it to be gryffindor just because of her sister. Also she couldnt forget that Sirius Black too just hot sorted into the red house shocking the whole school.

   "Gryffindor!" The hat yelled and Lily Evans evidently jumped on her seat with loud claps cheering for sister on being sorted in the same house as her. Bryony's robes turned red matching her flaming scarlet hair and she rushed to bring her sister in the largest hug ever.

   Bryony settled beside her sister with a never dying grin on her face, but her smile faltered a little as she realised who was sitting across her with his usual smirk on face, The Black Boy.

   "Congratulations Brie," He smiled charmingly at her fr across the table, "Afterall we both were destined to be in the same house."

______________________________________

First chapter hope you liked it!

Word count:- 1068

Date:- 15/06/22

Please Vote and comment! 🌼