04 ❀ In Which She Was Found By Him

I dont know why even wrote to us. No one cares what game you play and win. You and your twin are freaks and nobody cares if you live or die in the place full of idiots like you.

And about those magical christmas presents you sent to us, you wont find them again in the house, I have burnt them all.

Dont write to us ever again.

And stay in that wretched place forever if you can!

Everyone hates you.

    Bryony felt a tear run down her cheek causing her gasp immeditely as she wiped it away. Her eldest sister's letter never failed to make her cry.

   After winning the quidditch match in the morning, Bryony wrote about it to her parents hoping for a cheerful reply but was recieved a letter from her sister, Petunia.

   And she knew that her parents mustn't have got any news about her match as Petunia must have already thrown or burnt her letter and now she was reading her hateful reply sitting on the top of gryffindor tower all alone, while her housemates were busy partying.

    As much as she tried to play it cool in front of her twin that she never cares about what Petunia says, deep down she does, a lot. Being sisters ever since birth and then suddenly after a few years being hated by your elder sister was never easy for both Lily and Bryony.

   Lily broke down many times on Petunia's harsh behavior and Bryony always made sure to give Petunia the kind of replies she deserves but it broke her internally too when she would talk to her own sister like that.

   Petunia sent the same hateful letter to Lily as well, which Bryony managed to sneak away as she didnt want her sister to feel bad but now she herself sat on the top of gryffindor tower not being able to contain her tears while staring at the stars above with her lips quivering. 

   Time passed and she stayed on the same spot waiting for the party to get over, the chilly breeze was making her shiver and she was still liking it. Hugging her knees to her chest, she admired the beauty of the stars.

   Humming and whistling to himself faintly, Sirius Black climbed the stairs up to the gryffindor tower where he conjectured Bryony to be at, the party was boring without her and he would rather enjoy the sweet sight of her than be around the others.

    Climbing up the stairs, he was greeted by the sight of Bryony's back, a smile automatically pulled at his lips, but it didnt take another moment to drop slightly and form confusion as a piece of parchement flew on the floor towards him. Picking the parchment up, he took a confused glance at Bryony who was unknown to his presence behind her.

    A small sigh escaping her lips as she stretched her legs forward deciding it to be the time to leave, but she was already interrupted by a familiar voice from behind her.

    "Brie?" Her breath hitched on hearing Sirius' heavy tone. What was he doing here? She quickly brought her hands to her face wiping all the remainants of the tears she shed and pulled up a smile turning a bit, "What Black? Couldnt stay away from me for a few hours?"

    Ignoring her playful voice in which he sensed the pain perfectly, he went to sit beside her and noticed how she was not turning to look at him. "Are you alright?"

    "What do you me—" She halted on seeing the familiar parchment which he raised and her eyes went wide. Did he read it? Instant fury clouded her eyes, "How dare you read it?! It was personal!—"

    "I didnt read it." He stated simply, she stared at him longingly searching for any sign of lie, it wasnt there, "Then why did you ask me if I am alright?"