chapter 86

It's only a few days before Christmas and some family members are gonna be arriving today. All of them are gonna stay at hotels or rented houses since my sister's house is too small for everyone.

I'm excited to see my family for the most part except my aunt from my dad's side.

After Ryujin's second proposal, I somehow feel closer to her. Maybe the fact that she chose a song that showed my hesitation then reminding me once again in front of a lot of people that she will always be there for me.

My coworker Tyler congratulated us after but I didn't like his attitude towards Ryujin. I don't think Ryujin liked him either which is a rare thing for her not to get along with other people. I thought maybe Tyler does want sleep with me but even if I'm single did he really think I would sleep with him so I'm not sure why he would act like that towards my girlfriend, I mean fiancé.

Ervin is home now too and everyone is so excited to have him around. He's like the star of the show. Eva is such a good little sister to him too and Gabe is practically the big brother of the two. I'm amazed with how lucky we are to be surrounded with such good kids.

I am struggling with breastfeeding him though. He's so used to drinking my milk using bottles that he has a hard time latching on my nipple when I try to breastfeed him.

My mom and John also arrived here yesterday. John got to meet Ryujin's family for the first time. He's a quiet guy. He doesn't really interact with us. I'm not sure if he doesn't like us or if he's just not comfortable but he does take care of Eva well. If she wants to play, he's always willing so at least that's something.

Travis' parents arrived yesterday too. They went with my mom. When they found out everyone is coming here, they decided to join too.

With all these people coming, there was a problem of how everyone was gonna fit here to celebrate Christmas but Mrs. Shin solved that. She rented a hall, pretty much for my family to have a holiday family reunion.

Mrs. Shin is probably one of the nicest people I've ever met. The Shin's in general are very nice.

Right now, all three mothers are in the kitchen because they wanted to cook for us. John and Travis' dad are in the living room with us because they didn't want to get in the way.

Ervin is in the room, sleeping but I have the baby monitor with me at all times so I'll know when he wakes up.

"Yeji, I'm glad to see that you're engaged and happy. I was worried about you for the longest time. You kept getting into the wrong crowd and wrong things" Uncle Tony, Travis' dad tells me.

"I did not expect your fiancé to be a woman though" he chuckles.

I frown and he must have noticed, "Oh I'm not against it. It's just crazy how life is. I remember when you were in high school, you were so eager to find your perfect husband so you can escape from that town. But you still left even without having your perfect husband. Karina is a big part of our life so you became a big part of it too. I've seen some of your struggles so I'm glad you look happy now" he gives me a warm smile.

Travis' family is pretty great too. They've offered to help me multiple times in the past but I didn't want to feel like a burden to them so I always refused.

After that conversation, I look to see where Ryujin is. She's playing chess with Travis. I smile seeing her so focused. The two apparently enjoy playing chess competitively so that's what they're doing while Yuna watches.

"I didn't know you had that timer thing for chess" I say to my sister.

"It's a chess clock. Don't let Travis hear you call it a timer. He'll go bezerk" Karina sighs.